Upcoming Seminars with this course
There are currently no upcoming seminars with this course.
Route 114 (Sciences of the Qur’ān)
- Course Outline
The Humbled Mountain
"Had We sent down this Qur’an on a mountain, verily, you would have seen it humble itself and cleave asunder for fear of Allah." - Qur'an, 59:21
A tree wept, a mountain could crumble, a horse would rear, but what of us? Have we grasped the value of the words of Allah contained upon our bookshelves? How much do we know about the history of the Qur’an’s revelation and preservation? Are we moved by the unmatched eloquence that brought people to their knees and reduced men to tears?
Journey with us through these Qur’anic sciences along Route 114: Quranic Sciences
AlMaghrib Institute’s new double-weekend -DEGREE seminar.
What does it mean to study Quranic Sciences?
It means to be certain of its authenticity
"No doubt we have sent down the Qur’an and surely we will guard it (from corruption)" Qur'an, 15:9
"This (Islamic) knowledge will be carried by the trustworthy ones of every generation. They will remove from it the distortions of the transgressors and the attributions of the fabricators and the explanations of the ignorant." -The Prophet (salAllahu alaihi wa sallam)
It means to understand its history
The scholars were advised,
"Those who knew the circumstances in which the Quranic verses were revealed have passed away. So fear Allah, and mind your way."
"Before you report from Allah, pause for a while and look at the context."
It means to learn from its teachers
The companions, like Abu Bakr, were scrupulous when it came to explaining the Qur’an,
"What earth will hold me and what heaven will protect me if I say something concerning the Book of Allah which I do not know."
Ibn Abee Mulaykah describes the attitude of Ibn ‘Abbas, the famous Quranic commentator,
"[he] was once asked about an ayah, however he did not say anything. But, if you were asked about it you would certainly have said something."
It means to cherish this living miracle
Poetry was the pride of the pre Islamic Arabs. Allah Ta’ala challenged them to match even one ayah of His Book. They tried, but failed to match its powerful eloquence,
"And this Quran is not such as could ever be produced by other than Allah, but it is a confirmation of what was before it and a full explanation of the Book, without a doubt form the Lord of the Worlds." - Qur'an, 10:37
Now humble yourself and grow
"…However much you study it, it will never wear out, nor shall it cease to inspire…. Whoever utters it, speaks the truth; whoever acts upon it shall be rewarded, whoever judges according to it does justice… and whoever seeks guidance elsewhere is lost. So travel with us along Route 114: Ulum ul Qur’an and be awed by the majesty, history and preservation of this living miracle. "
"These seminars are life-changing experiences. You will not leave the same as you entered. " -AlMaghrib Student
Who is this Seminar For?
- Anyone seeking an enhanced relationship with the Qur’an.
- Islamic school teachers for whom Tafseer is an oft-cited subject.
- Event organizers in search of theme/lecture ideas for their events. Spokespeople who do interviews regarding the authenticity of Islam.
- Students who have always wished to study overseas. Overseas has arrived.
- Parents who need to revive their own Islamic learning.
- Community leaders who are frequently called upon to conduct Friday khutbahs. “Have glad tidings! Verily one end of this Qur’an is in the hand of Allah and another end is in your hands. Adhere to it for then you will not be destroyed and you will never go astray after it.- -The Prophet sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam
At the end of this seminar you will be able to:
- Comprehend the concept of revelation.
- Share with others an enriched relationship with Book of Allah.
- Be convinced of the authenticity of the Qur’an.
- Understand its history and how it affects Muslims today.
- Value the efforts taken to preserve the Qur’an.
- Appreciate the importance of proper Tafseer.
- Realize the beauty and blessings of the Qur’an. “A True EmanRush.” -AlMaghrib Student
And you won't go home empty-handed. You'll leave this course with credit towards a degree in Islamic Studies by AlMaghrib Institute; a binder with a summary of the lessons and handouts of the seminar; and step-by-step advice on how to implement what you’ve learned and carry it on to others.
"AlMaghrib Rocks!" - An AlMaghrib Student
3 hours Friday night, 8-10 hours on Saturdays and Sundays, exact timings vary by city.
- The session include a 10-minute break every 50 minutes. The day is mixed with activities, discussions, and lecture.
- The time includes a two-hour break in the early afternoon.
- Don't let the hours scare you. AlMaghrib is different from marathon halaqahs that trigger memories of pain. InshaAllah, count on it.
Previous AlMaghrib seminars have sold out in New Jersey and Houston long before the actual event. Students had to be turned back due to limited space. And if you delay your registration, Shaytan will have one more chance at preoccupying you so that you are later unable to attend...
Give your excuses a black eye! Enroll Now!
Five more reasons why you will want to attend an AlMaghrib Seminar:
- 1 Our Instructors are among the best ... period. We are determined to provide our students with instructors who take professionalism, effectiveness and expertise to the max. Along with tremendous knowledge, our instructors are also engaging and exciting, so that our seminars will provide you with some of the most interesting days you’ve ever spent learning Islam.
- 2 We give you the most important, important information. There is a lot of knowledge out there that may take you years to gather on your own. In this two-weekend seminar, we'll give you what we believe is the best, most important information to help you enact Islam in the best way.
- 3 Practicality is emphasized. You will leave the seminar with specifics you can apply and teach to others immediately. We promise you results on your very next day back at home or work.
- 4 The value is unbeatable. If someone were studying to fix computers, they would pay in the thousands, justifying the price by the huge return they would receive if they found work. Our prices do not amount to even one-tenth of that, yet isn't professional and efficient instruction in our Deen more worthy of our money? Our enrollment fees can be justified by the huge return you’ll receive – even if you don’t find work.
- 5 Our guarantee is unconditional, straightforward and the very best in the field. How can we be so confident? Because we work hard before the seminar to make sure you're happy with you're results after the seminar. Pertinent, useful information you can use, a convenient location, registration that is easy, and instructors who grab your attention and take you on an exciting journey full of fun and facts. We believe you'll love every minute of it.
"This is the first time in my life I gave the highest mark (on the evaluation form) without thinking twice or without lying or trying to make my trainer happy. This is the best Islamic seminar I've ever been to! And the best instructor that I've ever come across, hands down!" - AlMaghrib Student
Now the question is: What will you unbelievably be missing if you don't attend?