Upcoming Seminars with this course
There are currently no upcoming seminars with this course.
Heavenly Hues (Thematic Tafsīr)
- Course Outline
The clarity you’ve been searching for...
...is found in the Qur’an. Unlock the blessings.
At the time the Qur’an was revealed to the Prophet Muhammad sal Allahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, Arabia was a relatively unknown and desolate place. Yet, within 23 short years, the entire region was transformed – from barren to Blessed; the land of the Arabs became the land of the Qur’an - a fountain of knowledge and light, forming a civilization that would be unmatched in its social, economic and political success. Miraculous.
What was it that sparked this revolution?
"It was the Qur’an".
But what of us? What place does the Qur’an occupy in our lives and hearts? Has the Qur’an benefited us the way it should?
"A Book which We have sent down, full of blessings, so that they may ponder over its verses, and that men of understanding may remember" - Qur'an, 38:29
Allah subhanahu wa ta’la describes the Believers as being unique because they ponder over what has been Revealed.
Wouldn’t you love to have this characteristic as well?
Taking a theme-based approach to the Qur’an will allow you to develop a relationship with the Word of Allah that transcends the barriers Shaytan places in your path. You will look at the Qur’an less as a ‘book’, and more as a manual to your life – as a set of guidelines that shapes your actions, and conditions your thoughts. You will find yourself amazed, pondering at the beauty of what you are reading – the Best of Speech, the Word of Allah.
Dear Seeker of Knowledge,
Take a moment to reflect upon the role the Qur’an plays in your life. Compare your priorities with the priorities Allah subhanahu wa ta’ala has set. Do you know what these priorities are? Are you falling short?
There is more to the Qur’an then reading it half-heartedly, or flipping through its pages in Ramadan. The Qur’an was revealed to be understood and lived! Has not the time come for the hearts of the Believers to be affected by this Reminder?
The time has come brothers and sisters, to stop wishing...and start living.
"the purpose of tafseer is to elaborate the principles which the Qur’an came to clarify..."
The time has come for you understand what Allah aza wa jal is telling you...
- About TAWHEED and the Concept of God.
- About who determines the LAWS that govern your life
- About the people of the past and what we can LEARN from them.
- About ETHICS and Social Responsibility and how the Qur’an has the potential to completely TRANSFORM your community and the entire world!
Understand the Qur’an the way it was meant to be understood. The knowledge is here, are you willing to seize it?
Live the Miracle...
AlMaghrib Institute’s DOUBLE-WEEKEND-DEGREE Seminar
Heavenly Hues: Thematic Tafseer
We all agree that the Qur’an is a message to Mankind, but what is at the heart of this message? What is Allah telling us? Heavenly Hues: Thematic Tafseer will not only allow you to understand the reason for the Qur’an’s revelation, it will pinpoint the most important aspects of this message by analyzing verses based on their overarching themes. You will come away from this seminar understanding the objective of the Qur’an and the role it plays in defining your life.
Thematic Tafseer is the "Qur’anic science which interprets different issues and themes in view of the Qur’anic objectives through the study of one Surah or more; or through multiple Ayat."
Finally! Solidify your understanding of the most powerful text in the world, verse by verse, chapter by chapter - and watch as your life and heart are transformed.
What’s at Stake? The cost of not knowing...
This seminar will give you TWO-WEEKENDS of in-depth study on the major subjects and themes discussed in the Qur’an, the historical development of the science of exegesis (tafseer), and a specific look at what the Qur’an says on issues such as the purpose of life, the economic and political laws that govern a community, the stories of the people of the past, the role of women, and moral and ethical code of the Believers. What better way to increase your knowledge than to study the Word of Allah?
"then do they not reflect upon the Qur’an, or are there locks upon (their) hearts? -Qur'an, 47:24
Don’t be of those who leave behind the Qur’an!
By Attending this Seminar you will:
- Finally understand why the Qu’ran is the greatest miracle given to mankind.
- Understand the evolution of Tafseer and how the scholars of the past have studied the major themes of the Qur’an
- Have knowledge on the types and the sources of Qur’anic tafseer
- Learn the major themes of the Qur’an along with an explanation of importance of each theme.
- Be able to speak to others about the Qur’an with knowledge and confidence.
3 Reasons you CANNOT afford to miss this seminar:
1. Time is not on your side. If you’re busy now, chances are you’ll be busy later. Do not put your Deen on the backburner waiting for a more ‘convenient’ time to learn about Islam. Do not delay because there will come a Day when simply ‘not knowing’ is no longer an option.
2. Enter the EMANRUSH Zone. Take active steps to increase your knowledge of Allah by understanding His Book. There is no greater EmanRush.
"And We have sent down the Book to you as an explanation for everything, a guidance, a mercy and glad tidings for Muslims" - Qur'an, 16:89
3. Unparalleled Islamic knowledge, in ENGLISH! Nowhere else will you find high quality, engaging instructors who have the knowledge and ability to transmit traditional Islamic works to an English-speaking audience without the loss of depth or impact.
What is Allah telling you?
Empower yourself. Know the Answer. Enroll Now!
PS: Studies on Tafseer of the Qur’an, and specialized studies such as Thematic Tafseer are virtually unavailable to an English speaking audience. This seminar is taught by Shaykh Yaser Birjas, a Madinah University graduate and Valedictorian of the Class of ’96. Shaykh Yaser Birjas also teaches: The Code Evolved: Evolution of Fiqh, Code of Scholars: Usool al-Fiqh, and Love Notes: Marriage and Family Life for AlMaghrib Institute.
PPS: This is it, this is the moment where you can choose to remain in a state of ignorance of your life’s purpose or choose the path that will lead to ultimate success. The choice is yours. What will you choose?