Upcoming Seminars with this course
Denial (Tafsīr Sūrat’l-Raḥmān and Ya Sīn )
- Course Outline
The missed call that changed your life…
… is the call you wish you never ignored
Those feelings of deep regret take you back to the signs you wish you heeded:
Your mother’s recurring voice; the warnings on the label; the signs on that long, dreary road; but above all else...
… the divine messages sent down from Allah (swt) for your direct attention.
Nothing SHAKES a person’s world more so than
Tafseer Surat Ya-Sin &
هُوَ الَّذِي يُنَزِّلُ عَلَىٰ عَبْدِهِ آيَاتٍ بَيِّنَاتٍ لِّيُخْرِجَكُم مِّنَ الظُّلُمَاتِ إِلَى النُّورِ ۚ وَإِنَّ اللَّهَ بِكُمْ لَرَءُوفٌ رَّحِيمٌ
He is the One Who sends to His servant manifest signs that He may bring you out from the darkness into the light. Indeed, Allah is to you most kind and merciful.
(Surat Al-Hadid: 9)
Allah (swt) has stated endless times in the Quran that He has made His signs very clear. What are these signs, and why has mankind proven throughout the eras to be neglectful of these signs?
WHILE IN THE FOG
Clear signs are of no use if you’re looking through a haze. That’s the fog in your mind blinding and distracting you from the reality of your situation.
Denial comes in many forms, among only some are:
- Enjoying the status quo
- Indulging in the pleasures of sin
- Fearing loss of wealth or status
- Bending to peer pressure
- Overlooking a sign right under your nose
- Insert your own haze here
That’s not to say we don’t hear the warnings, but we trick ourselves into thinking, “I hear ya, but this just won’t happen to me.”
وَالَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا وَكَذَّبُوا بِآيَاتِنَا أُولَٰئِكَ أَصْحَابُ النَّارِ ۖ هُمْ فِيهَا خَالِدُونَ
And those who disbelieve and deny Our signs - those will be companions of the Fire; they will abide therein eternally. (Surat Baqarah: 39)
WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE
وَآيَةٌ لَّهُمُ اللَّيْلُ نَسْلَخُ مِنْهُ النَّهَارَ فَإِذَا هُم مُّظْلِمُونَ
وَالشَّمْسُ تَجْرِي لِمُسْتَقَرٍّ لَّهَا ۚ ذَٰلِكَ تَقْدِيرُ الْعَزِيزِ الْعَلِيمِ
And a sign for them is the night; We strip the daytime from it, and so, only then they are in darkness.
And the sun runs on its fixed course for a term (appointed). That is the Decree of the All-Mighty, the All-Knowing. (Surat Ya-Sin: 37-38)
We are told they are simple and clear signs: the sun, the moon, even a ship or a palm tree. What are they to tell us and what epiphany are we to have?
Surat Ya-Sin and Ar-Rahman are laden with signs and messages that give glad tidings or forewarn of an impending future.Have you considered for a moment:
- Why the ship is an oft-neglected sign of Allah (swt)
- The wisdom behind causing our limbs to speak on the Day of Judgement
- The daily overlooked occurrence that proves the miracle of resurrection
- Why the blowing of a horn is necessary to commence the Day of Judgement
- The truth behind the remnants of past nations
- The actual force behind a bird’s flight
- The endless blessings you have been endowed with
The long-lasting epiphany you’ll reach in this Tafseer seminar will start as you:
- Finally appreciate and reflect upon the very signs you once neglected
- Taste the bliss of Paradise and the bitterness of Hellfire
- Fall in love with these chapters and the miracle of language used therein
- Begin to appropriately show gratitude to Allah for all his blessings
- Step into the shoes of our Prophets (peace be upon them)
- Bypass the steps of those who vehemently denied before us
- Extract practical lessons from the stories of past nations
- Use the signs of the universe to prove to others the existence of God
- Become proficient in engaging in dialogue regarding reincarnation, atheism, trinity, etc.
WHAT IS SURAT YA-SIN NOT
Surat Ya-Sin is one of the more oft-recited chapters of the Quran, many times due to the wrong reasons.
In this seminar you will also finally be able to clear the fog and find the answers to:
- Is Surat Ya-Sin really the “heart of the Quran”?
- Does one recite it for the dead?
- Is Surat Ya-Sin for that which it is read, making what you seek easier?
- Does it necessitate your forgiveness if read in one night?
SAY THAT AGAIN?
فَبِأَيِّ آلَاءِ رَبِّكُمَا تُكَذِّبَانِ
So which of the favors of your Lord would you deny?
Besides learning about the wonders mentioned in this Surah, you will also come to understand the wisdom behind its repetition, particularly 31 times.
- The astonishing miracles in learning the Quran
- The prostration of celestial objects
- The marvelous creation of humans and jinn
- The meeting of two seas without a mixed drop
- Seas containing precious jewels and mind-boggling miracles
- The clothing, furniture, and beautiful greeters of Paradise
- The reality of universe and the “rose” therein
Which of the favours of your Lord would you deny?
O Muslim, this is the call you can no longer ignore.
- 1. The Messenger was sent as a Warner
- 2. The State of Those Who are Doomed
- 3. The Story of the Dwellers of the Town and Their Messengers
- 4. Woe to the Disbelievers!
- 5. The Refutation of the Belief in the Transmigration of Souls
- 6. Among the Signs of the Might and Power of Allāh are the Night and Day, and the Sun and Moon
- 7. The Ship: An Oft-Neglected Sign of Allāh
- 8. The Misguidance of the Idolaters
- 9. The Life of the People of Paradise
- 10. The Isolation of the Disbelievers and Their Rebuke on the Day of Resurrection
- 11. The Inevitable Cycle in the Life of the Son of Ādam
- 12. The Denial of Life after Death and the Refutation of this Idea
- 1. Al-Raḥmān taught the Qur’ān
- 2. The Creation of Humans and Jinn
- 3. Allāh is the Ever-Living, Free of All Need
- 4. A Warning for Humans and Jinn
- 5. The Delight of Those Who have Taqwa in Paradise
- 6. These two gardens are lower in virtue and in status than the two before them