Upcoming Seminars with this course
There are currently no upcoming seminars with this course.
Breach of Covenant (Tafsīr Sūrat'l-Baqarah)
- Course Outline
The battle was raging wrong...
Musaylimah's forces ripped through the ranks of the Companions...
They would not lose...
they could not lose...
a simple rock...
a podium for honor and truth, so it shall be...
The Liar would not win, could not, Ammar ibn Yasser would not allow it...
Certainty filled his lungs... the call of criterion... division between the believers and the Liar...
"YA ASHAAABA SURAT ALBAQARAH! YA HAMALAT ALQURAN!"
"Alif. Laam. Meem. This is the book that contains no doubt; a guide for the Muttaqoon." - Qur'an, 2:1-2
As the Muslims swept from land to land in conquest, the greatest teachers flooded the lands, educating all in the book of Allah and the Sunnah of Allah's Messenger, sal Allahu 'alayhi wa sallam. Grand teachers like Abu Ad-Dardaa', radi Allahu 'anhu, in Ash-Shaam. Intense teachers like Abdullah ibn Masood, radi Allahu ‘anhu, in Iraq. See yourself sitting in these classes! What subject would they be teaching?
"Then the cities of Islam grew, and illiteracy disappeared from amongst the Arabs because of their constant occupation with the Qur'an." - Ibn Khaldun: Al-Muqaddima
Yes, they taught the Qur'an day and night. And from the Qur'an all knowledge was extracted.
"Nothing have we omitted from the Book, and they (all) shall be gathered to their Lord in the end." - Qur'an, 6:38
When was the last time you got to drink from this ocean?
"You are proceeding upon a people who buzz like bees in their recitation of the Qur'an. Make bear the Qur'an for them. Do not distract them and divert them (from their study)!" - Ameer Al-Mu'mineen Umar, radi Allahu 'anhu
In this seminar, Ustadh Muhammad Alshareef shall return with the AlMaghrib students to the fountain of all believers: Al-Quran Al-Kareem. The name Surat Al-Baqarah evokes in many the awe of 'big-Surah', but few today get the chance to really tread through the wisdom and guidance it carries. Only a few - pray you are included amongst those few.
On the authority of Abu Huraira (radi Allahu 'anhu), the Messenger of Allah (sal Allahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said,
"Don't make your homes graveyards! Indeed the Devil runs from the house in which Sura al-Baqara is recited." - Saheeh Muslim
Find out: what is it about Surat AlBaqarah that makes devils run away from it? Find out: why would Surat AlBaqarah defend a person on their day of most pressing need?
Nawas Ibn Sam'an (radi Allahu 'anhu) said,
"I heard the Allah's Messenger, sal Allahu 'alayhi wa sallam, say, 'On the Day of Judgment, the Qur'an and people of the Qur'an who used to carry out it's commandments on earth will be brought forward. Surat al-Baqara and Aali-Imran will come forward and defend those people who recited them and carried out their commands.'" - Saheeh Muslim
Who is this Seminar For?
- Anyone seeking enhanced comprehension in Salah.
- Islamic school teachers for whom Tafseer is an oft-cited subject.
- Event organizers in search of theme/lecture ideas for their events.
- Spokespeople who do interviews regarding Islam’s relationship to other cultures and religions.
- Youth living in the west in need of defining their identity.
- Students who have always wished to study overseas. Overseas has arrived.
- Believers wishing to cultivate their characteristic of fulfilling trusts.
- Parents whose young children attend Islamic day or weekend school.
- Community leaders who are frequently called upon to conduct Friday Khutbahs.
- Anyone wishing to nurture closer bonds with other community members, members who share the common trait of yearning to improve oneself through knowledge and who strive to serve the community long after seminar has ended.
"Every Ayah of the Qur'an is a rank you are raised in paradise, every ayah a lantern of light in your homes." - 'Amr ibn Al'Aas, radi Allahu 'anhu
At the end of this seminar you will be able to:
- Comprehend the theme and message of the oft-recited Surat Al-Fatiha.
- Distinguish the three categories of humans: believers, disbelievers, and hypocrites.
- Share with others an enriched relationship with this Surah.
- Understand the history of Banu Israa’eel and how it affects Muslims today.
- Value the topics that Allah wants us to focus on.
- Evaluate the mistakes of nations before us and prevent their reappearance today.
- Appreciate the Quranic style of teaching Tawheed, Ramadan, Hajj, and Zakah.
- Consciously reflect on the covenants to Allah that humans breach.
"For the last two weeks AlMaghrib has been my life. I couldn't wait for the seminar to start and didn't want it to end." - An AlMaghrib Student
"These seminars are really the sweetness of my life." - An AlMaghrib Student
And you won't go home empty-handed. You'll leave this course with credit towards a degree in Islamic Studies by AlMaghrib Institute; a binder with a summary of the lessons and handouts of the seminar; and step-by-step advice on how to implement what you’ve learned and carry it on to others.
"AlMaghrib Rocks!" - An AlMaghrib Student
3 hours Friday night, 8-10 hours on Saturdays and Sundays, exact timings vary by city.
- The session include a 10-minute break every 50 minutes. The day is mixed with activities, discussions, and lecture.
- The time includes a two-hour break in the early afternoon.
- Don't let the hours scare you. AlMaghrib is different from marathon halaqahs that trigger memories of pain. InshaAllah, count on it.
Previous AlMaghrib seminars have sold out in New Jersey and Houston long before the actual event. Students had to be turned back due to limited space. And if you delay your registration, Shaytan will have one more chance at preoccupying you so that you are later unable to attend...
Give your excuses a black eye! Enroll Now!
Five more reasons why you will want to attend an AlMaghrib Seminar:
- 1 Our Instructors are among the best ... period. We are determined to provide our students with instructors who take professionalism, effectiveness and expertise to the max. Along with tremendous knowledge, our instructors are also engaging and exciting, so that our seminars will provide you with some of the most interesting days you’ve ever spent learning Islam.
- 2 We give you the most important, important information. There is a lot of knowledge out there that may take you years to gather on your own. In this two-weekend seminar, we'll give you what we believe is the best, most important information to help you enact Islam in the best way.
- 3 Practicality is emphasized. You will leave the seminar with specifics you can apply and teach to others immediately. We promise you results on your very next day back at home or work.
- 4 The value is unbeatable. If someone were studying to fix computers, they would pay in the thousands, justifying the price by the huge return they would receive if they found work. Our prices do not amount to even one-tenth of that, yet isn't professional and efficient instruction in our Deen more worthy of our money? Our enrollment fees can be justified by the huge return you’ll receive – even if you don’t find work.
- 5 Our guarantee is unconditional, straightforward and the very best in the field. How can we be so confident? Because we work hard before the seminar to make sure you're happy with you're results after the seminar. Pertinent, useful information you can use, a convenient location, registration that is easy, and instructors who grab your attention and take you on an exciting journey full of fun and facts. We believe you'll love every minute of it.
"This is the first time in my life I gave the highest mark (on the evaluation form) without thinking twice or without lying or trying to make my trainer happy. This is the best Islamic seminar I've ever been to! And the best instructor that I've ever come across, hands down!" - AlMaghrib Student
Now the question is: What will you unbelievably be missing if you don't attend?
Give your excuses a black eye! Enroll Now!
- 1. Who are the Believers?
- 2. Who are the Kuffar?
- 3. Who are the Munafiqeen?
- 4. What is the purpose of life?
- 5. Where did it all begin?
- 6. The Children of Israel and the Qur'an
- 7. For what must they be thankful for?
- 8. The breach of covenant
- 9. Again: The Cow
- 10. And Again: Altering the Word of Allah
- 11. And Again: Alliance against their own people
- 12. And Again: Shunning God's Word
- 13. And Again: "God will never punish US"
- 14. And Again: Hatred for Jibreel
- 15. Black Magic
- 16. Jews and Christians: What lies in the heart
- 17. Ibraheem: The father of Prophets
- 18. The Legacy of Ya'qoob