The Code Evolved (Evolution of Fiqh)
- Course Outline
Islam should have died.
It should have...
but it did not.
The Code Evolved.
You know you've heard this dialogue before:
"You MUST follow a Madhhab!"
"You must NOT follow a Madhhab!"
"I only follow Abu Haneefah!"
"I only follow the Qu'ran, not humans!"
"You must be a Wahhabi!"
"I don't even know what a Wahhabi is. You must be a blind follower!"
Today, watch every coffee-shop-Islamic-debate and you'll see it wander into talk like that. Are you really supposed to follow a Madhhab and question nothing? Or is it that you should challenge everything regardless of your ability to read the Qur'an or not? What is a Madhhab anyway? Huh?
"It is not permitted for anyone to accept our views if they do not know from where we got those views from." - Imam Abu Haneefah (rahimahullah) [from Hashi'yat Ibn A'abdeen]
Pull your legs out of the confusion quicksand. Empower yourself with the new seminar by AlMaghrib Institute: The Code Evolved: Evolution of Fiqh.
Where did our Fiqh come from? How did we arrive at our current state of understanding Islam?
You'll learn topics that include such things as the proper methodology in pursuing an authentic understanding of Islam. You'll study the blessed lives of the four Imams and appreciate who they really were. Before preaching to others, you'll understand for yourself first why there is such a thing as 'valid' differences of opinion. And through the Tawfeeq of Allah, if you are successful and sincere in your studies, your Eman will increase as your knowledge increases.
"Then the cities of Islam grew, and illiteracy disappeared from among the Arabs because of their constant occupation with the Qur'an. After that, the development of Fiqh took place. Fiqh was perfected and came to be a craft and a science. The Qur'an readers were no longer called Qur'an readers but Fuqaha' (Jurists) and religious scholars." - Ibn Khaldun: Al-Muqaddima
"After the first weekend, I looked at the people around me who didn't take the AlMaghrib seminar, and I now saw them in a different light. I saw that they were 'left behind' - The train moved past the station and there was no getting back on for them. They would be left behind while the passengers would move onto greater things. One friend, called me and said, 'Let's go see So and So movie' - it's playing at midnight...I thought to myself...He COULD have LIVED something better." - AlMaghrib Student
A student can only grow in knowledge as tall as his or her teacher, in most cases. And because that is a law of the teacher-student relationship, AlMaghrib has raised the bar with Shaykh Yaser Birjas. InshaAllah, prepare ye to grow taller!
In times of change...
Learners inherit the earth,
While the learned
Find themselves beautifully equipped
to deal with a world
that no longer exists.
Who is this Seminar For?
- Students of knowledge who are eager to start their study of Fiqh with a solid foundation.
- Community leaders who need to understand the Fiqh backgrounds of their multi-cultural communities.
- Muslims responsible for teaching Fiqh to young Muslims.
- Muslim lawyers seeking greater appreciation for the system and wisdom behind Islamic legislation.
- New Muslims who, when confronted with the different opinions regarding Fiqh, are often left confused .
- Anyone who's slogan is: "community unity" and needs to understand the ethics of disagreement and how - step by step - can other opinions be realistically tolerated.
- Any Muslim who loves the great Imams of Fiqh and wants to re-visit their blessed lives and the story of their schools of thought.
- Anyone wishing to make closer relationships with other community members who share a desire to improve themselves and serve this Deen.
"I just wanted to thank those who made the arrangements for this AlMaghrib seminar. The sisters were promised better arrangements and the organizers really delivered, above and beyond our expectations. After talking to a few sisters, I can say that we all felt very much a part of the class and a part of something wonderful, just as the wives of the Prophet - Sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam - were always made to feel a part of what was going on around them, while appropriate inter-gender etiquette was maintained. Alhumdulillah the brothers and the sister maintained their own separate areas and the sisters were not forgotten, as sometimes tends to happen." - An AlMaghrib student
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Begin your study of comparative Fiqh with confidence
- Appreciate and share with others the blessed lives of the four Imams
- Understand the reasoning behind different opinions
- Carry on empowered dialogues with people of opposing views
- Discuss issues of Fiqh with proper etiquette
"When I saw the AlMaghrib class setup, the PowerPoint, the icebreakers, the notes, the enthusiasm, it reminded me of the classical scholars and what they wrote about 'traditional' knowledge. I said, 'this is exactly what they were talking about.' Allahu akbar! This standard of Islamic education has to be shown to all the Muslim lands." - Shaykh Yaser Birjas
"These seminars are really the sweetness of my life." - An AlMaghrib Student
And you won't go home empty-handed. You'll leave this course with credit towards a degree in Islamic Studies by AlMaghrib Institute; a binder with a summary of the lessons and handouts of the seminar; and step-by-step advice on how to implement what you’ve learned and carry it on to others.
"AlMaghrib Rocks!" - An AlMaghrib Student
3 hours Friday night, 8-10 hours on Saturdays and Sundays, exact timings vary by city.
- The session include a 10-minute break every 50 minutes. The day is mixed with activities, discussions, and lecture.
- The time includes a two-hour break in the early afternoon.
- Don't let the hours scare you. AlMaghrib is different from marathon halaqahs that trigger memories of pain. InshaAllah, count on it.
Previous AlMaghrib seminars have sold out in New Jersey and Houston long before the actual event. Students had to be turned back due to limited space. And if you delay your registration, Shaytan will have one more chance at preoccupying you so that you are later unable to attend...
Give your excuses a black eye! Enroll Now!
Five more reasons why you will want to attend an AlMaghrib Seminar:
- 1 Our Instructors are among the best ... period. We are determined to provide our students with instructors who take professionalism, effectiveness and expertise to the max. Along with tremendous knowledge, our instructors are also engaging and exciting, so that our seminars will provide you with some of the most interesting days you’ve ever spent learning Islam.
- 2 We give you the most important, important information. There is a lot of knowledge out there that may take you years to gather on your own. In this two-weekend seminar, we'll give you what we believe is the best, most important information to help you enact Islam in the best way.
- 3 Practicality is emphasized. You will leave the seminar with specifics you can apply and teach to others immediately. We promise you results on your very next day back at home or work.
- 4 The value is unbeatable. If someone were studying to fix computers, they would pay in the thousands, justifying the price by the huge return they would receive if they found work. Our prices do not amount to even one-tenth of that, yet isn't professional and efficient instruction in our Deen more worthy of our money? Our enrollment fees can be justified by the huge return you’ll receive – even if you don’t find work.
- 5 Our guarantee is unconditional, straightforward and the very best in the field. How can we be so confident? Because we work hard before the seminar to make sure you're happy with you're results after the seminar. Pertinent, useful information you can use, a convenient location, registration that is easy, and instructors who grab your attention and take you on an exciting journey full of fun and facts. We believe you'll love every minute of it.
"This is the first time in my life I gave the highest mark (on the evaluation form) without thinking twice or without lying or trying to make my trainer happy. This is the best Islamic seminar I've ever been to! And the best instructor that I've ever come across, hands down!" - AlMaghrib Student
Now the question is: What will you unbelievably be missing if you don't attend?