Upcoming Seminars with this course
There are currently no upcoming seminars with this course.
Code of Scholars (Islamic Legal Theory I)
- Course Outline
Your local Masjid just invited Imam Shaafi'ee for tonight's Halaqah. Cars are double parked for blocks and the lecture is going smooth.. smooth that is, until Question and Answer time comes. Old uncle Afzal sparks the Ramadan moon sighting issue with Imam Shafi'ee - Oh boy.
Imam Shaafi'ee politely explains his position, but uncle Afzal just isn't impressed with the answer. Tempers get steamy, voices shout over each other.
Do you think its possible for old uncle Afzal to beat Imam Shafi'ee in that debate? Indeed he could, but only with ignorance of one thing … the language and code of the scholars.
"I debated a scholar and beat him. Then I debated a layman and that layman beat me - he had no knowledge of the principles and texts. I had nothing to say." - Imam Shaafi'ee
Following the success of the Touched by an Angel: Tafseer Juz ‘Amma seminar, prepare to enter the mind of our time-honored Ulumaa' with: The Code of Scholars: Usool Al-Fiqh.
Who has authority to give a fatwa? How can one Shaykh say something to be Haram while the other deems it permissible?
In this double-weekend-seminar, students will learn about Islamic rulings and their method of deduction. They will learn such things as how legislation comes to be, how texts from the Qur'an and Sunnah are analyzed, and how apparently confusing verses are understood.
"I shiver at the thought of how much information I would have missed had I not attended." - An AlMaghrib Student
Registration shall close once the seats fill up. Don't be disappointed - guarantee your spot by enrolling now!
Who is this Seminar For?
- Parents trying to explain the 'why' of Islamic rulings to their children.
- Teachers in Islamic schools who may not have background in the Islamic sciences.
- Educated Muslims that want to be informed and literate regarding Islamic topics.
- Law school students hoping to bridge their learning with Islamic law.
- Students of any faculty where pioneering research demands Islamic insight of it's legitimacy, such as medicine or economics.
- University students or High school seniors involved in da'wah work.
- Anyone who was ever disenchanted by the cultural versions of Islam.
- New Muslims looking for a jump-start into understanding their Deen.
- New members of the community who would like to make lasting friendships with students from all over the local area.
At the end of this seminar you will be able to:
- Distinguish the categories of Islamic rulings.
- Appreciate the science involved in determining religious injunctions.
- Recall encompassing principles of Fiqh when confronted with confusing and contradicting opinions.
- Recognize the jurisprudential language used by the scholars.
- And - most importantly - your mind will be better equipped to filter culture and heresy from true Islam.
"These seminars are really the sweetness of my life." - An AlMaghrib Student
And you won't go home empty-handed. You'll leave this course with credit towards a degree in Islamic Studies by AlMaghrib Institute; a binder with a summary of the lessons and handouts of the seminar; and step-by-step advice on how to implement what you’ve learned and carry it on to others.
"AlMaghrib Rocks!" - An AlMaghrib Student
3 hours Friday night, 8-10 hours on Saturdays and Sundays, exact timings vary by city.
- The session include a 10-minute break every 50 minutes. The day is mixed with activities, discussions, and lecture.
- The time includes a two-hour break in the early afternoon.
- Don't let the hours scare you. AlMaghrib is different from marathon halaqahs that trigger memories of pain. InshaAllah, count on it.
Previous AlMaghrib seminars have sold out in New Jersey and Houston long before the actual event. Students had to be turned back due to limited space. And if you delay your registration, Shaytan will have one more chance at preoccupying you so that you are later unable to attend...
Give your excuses a black eye! Enroll Now!
Five more reasons why you will want to attend an AlMaghrib Seminar:
- 1 Our Instructors are among the best ... period. We are determined to provide our students with instructors who take professionalism, effectiveness and expertise to the max. Along with tremendous knowledge, our instructors are also engaging and exciting, so that our seminars will provide you with some of the most interesting days you’ve ever spent learning Islam.
- 2 We give you the most important, important information. There is a lot of knowledge out there that may take you years to gather on your own. In this two-weekend seminar, we'll give you what we believe is the best, most important information to help you enact Islam in the best way.
- 3 Practicality is emphasized. You will leave the seminar with specifics you can apply and teach to others immediately. We promise you results on your very next day back at home or work.
- 4 The value is unbeatable. If someone were studying to fix computers, they would pay in the thousands, justifying the price by the huge return they would receive if they found work. Our prices do not amount to even one-tenth of that, yet isn't professional and efficient instruction in our Deen more worthy of our money? Our enrollment fees can be justified by the huge return you’ll receive – even if you don’t find work.
- 5 Our guarantee is unconditional, straightforward and the very best in the field. How can we be so confident? Because we work hard before the seminar to make sure you're happy with you're results after the seminar. Pertinent, useful information you can use, a convenient location, registration that is easy, and instructors who grab your attention and take you on an exciting journey full of fun and facts. We believe you'll love every minute of it.
"This is the first time in my life I gave the highest mark (on the evaluation form) without thinking twice or without lying or trying to make my trainer happy. This is the best Islamic seminar I've ever been to! And the best instructor that I've ever come across, hands down!" - AlMaghrib Student
Now the question is: What will you unbelievably be missing if you don't attend?