Upcoming Seminars with this course
There are currently no upcoming seminars with this course.
Rays of Faith 2.0 (Doctrines of Faith III)
- Course Outline
What is reality? What we see or what we don't see?
The seen world. The witnessed world. The ‘Ālam’l-Shahādah.
The unseen world. The unwitnessed world. The ‘Ālam’l-Ghayb.
We might call the first one “real life” because we live it every day, right? But that would be a huge mistake.
For just because we can’t see something, doesn’t make it any less real. Just because we enjoy life so much, doesn’t mean that we will live forever. And just because we live in the Here, doesn’t mean we should lose our true focus: to live for the Hereafter.
To understand everything connected to the Last Day - death, the Hour, the journey of the soul, the Day of Judgement, and our final two choices of destination – Heaven or Hell – is from the mightiest aspects of faith itself.
Allah numerous times combines two key aspects of faith itself: belief in Him and belief in the Last Day. Again and again and again. Because the one who truly believes in the Last Day, is the one who is truly ready to meet Him.
“Say (O Prophet), “Take action! Allah will see your actions- as will His Messenger and the Believers – and then you will be returned to Him who knows what is seen and what is unseen, and He will tell you what you have been doing.” (9:125)
You want to ask but you're not sure if it's right...
You have so many questions in your heart, that it hurts. Why? Why did that happen? Why does Allah allow such things? Why me? What if...? How can this be right when...?
But you stop. You stop because the faith in your heart tells you to be careful. "This is the Will of Allah" everyone says. Sure, you've heard about the concept, you know how confusing it can be, but just how do we truly understand predestination, the decree, our future?
What is our role in it? Why bother if it's already decided! Just how much free will do we have?
Isn't it that free will which causes us to fall? Who’s really to blame? Us? How is that going to happen when our Lord decrees everything about us before we were even created? Can His QADR be blamed for our actions, or what really is the nature of our free will? Can du‘ā change that status quo even when evil is on our doorstep?
Is our faith up to the challenges and arguments of the detractors of Tawhīd?
To understand your true role and responsibility in life through Qadr, and to be ready with full faith and knowledge for the greatest event to hit life itself - the Hour - will empower you and your actions like you never believed before possible.
Come into the light
"Knowledge revives the dead hearts and drives them out of darkness into light and knowledge is the light of the inner eyes that cures one’s blindness and restores his inner sight." - Mu’adh Ibn Jabal (radi Allahu anhu)
After the immense success of Doctrines of Faith 101: Light of Guidance and 201: Light upon Light, comes now a brand new seminar Doctrines of Faith 301: Rays of Faith. A seminar to enlighten the minds and hearts, as we continue on our journey towards Allah SWT and explore the deeper meanings of the last two of the six articles of Islamic faith: the Day of Judgement and Al-Qadar.
"It is not righteousness that you turn your faces towards East or West; but it is righteousness- to believe in Allah and the Last Day, and the Angels, and the Book, and the Messengers;" - Qur'an, 2:177
Can destiny be altered? What will happen to your soul after death? What will happen on the Day of Judgement? Come into the light, as we take an extensive look into these and many other issues of faith.
Who is this Seminar For?
- Muslims seeking in-depth knowledge and understanding of the articles of Islamic belief and faith
- Parents who want to instill a strong understanding of Islamic beliefs in their children
- Community leaders and teachers who give halaqahs or khutbahs
- New Muslims looking for direction and inspiration in their study of Islam
- Non-Muslims who wish to gain insight of Islamic belief and faith
- People of all ages seeking to develop Islamically sound ethics and morals through a correct faith system
- Anyone seeking a path to come closer to Allah SWT and to understand the life He wants us to lead
By the end of this seminar you will be able to
- Embark upon on a path of purification of the heart, through purification of beliefs
- Call others to the path of Allah SWT with knowledge and wisdom
- Have full trust in the Decree of Allah SWT and live your life with balance
- Understand the connection between predestination and personal responsibility for actions
- Prepare for the coming of the Last Day and the Hereafter
- Establish a correct foundation for all your deeds through a strong understanding of Islamic beliefs and faiths
- Have greater sense of your purpose in life and how to achieve the pleasure of Allah SWT
- And much more
And you won't go home empty-handed. You'll leave this course with credit towards a degree in Islamic Studies by AlMaghrib Institute; a binder with a summary of the lessons and handouts of the seminar; and step-by-step advice on how to implement what you’ve learned and carry it on to others.
"AlMaghrib Rocks!" - An AlMaghrib Student
3 hours Friday night, 8-10 hours on Saturdays and Sundays, exact timings vary by city.
- The session include a 10-minute break every 50 minutes. The day is mixed with activities, discussions, and lecture.
- The time includes a two-hour break in the early afternoon.
- Don't let the hours scare you. AlMaghrib is different from marathon halaqahs that trigger memories of pain.InshaAllah, count on it.
Previous AlMaghrib seminars have sold out in New Jersey and Houston long before the actual event. Students had to be turned back due to limited space. And if you delay your registration, Shaytan will have one more chance at preoccupying you so that you are later unable to attend...
Give your excuses a black eye! Enroll Now!
Five more reasons why you will want to attend an AlMaghrib Seminar:
- 1 Our Instructors are among the best ... period. We are determined to provide our students with instructors who take professionalism, effectiveness and expertise to the max. Along with tremendous knowledge, our instructors are also engaging and exciting, so that our seminars will provide you with some of the most interesting days you’ve ever spent learning Islam.
- 2 We give you the most important, important information. There is a lot of knowledge out there that may take you years to gather on your own. In this two-weekend seminar, we'll give you what we believe is the best, most important information to help you enact Islam in the best way.
- 3 Practicality is emphasized. You will leave the seminar with specifics you can apply and teach to others immediately. We promise you results on your very next day back at home or work.
- 4 The value is unbeatable. If someone were studying to fix computers, they would pay in the thousands, justifying the price by the huge return they would receive if they found work. Our prices do not amount to even one-tenth of that, yet isn't professional and efficient instruction in our Deen more worthy of our money? Our enrollment fees can be justified by the huge return you’ll receive – even if you don’t find work.
- 5 Our guarantee is unconditional, straightforward and the very best in the field. How can we be so confident? Because we work hard before the seminar to make sure you're happy with you're results after the seminar. Pertinent, useful information you can use, a convenient location, registration that is easy, and instructors who grab your attention and take you on an exciting journey full of fun and facts. We believe you'll love every minute of it.
"This is the first time in my life I gave the highest mark (on the evaluation form) without thinking twice or without lying or trying to make my trainer happy. This is the best Islamic seminar I've ever been to! And the best instructor that I've ever come across, hands down!" - AlMaghrib Student
Now the question is: What will you unbelievably be missing if you don't attend?
Give your excuses a black eye! Enroll Now!
TABLE OF CONTENTS
I. Belief in Al-Qadar
- a) What is Al-Qadā’ wal-Qadar?
- b) The History of Innovation in Al-Qadar
- c) The Pillars of Al-Qadar
- d) Allāh is the Creator of all things
- e) Allāh’s Will, and Knowledge
- f) Tawakkul in Allāh while Taking the Means
- g) Free Will
- h) At-Tawfeeq and Al-Khudhlān
- i) Can Qadar be changed?
- j) Religion and Predestination do not Contradict
- k) Belief in Al-Qadar is part of Tawheed
- l) Benefits of Belief in Al-Qadar
II. Belief in the Last Day
- a) What does Belief in the Day of Judgment Entail?
- b) The Hour
- c) The Signs of the Day of Judgment
- d) Death and Life in Al-Barzakh
- e) The Resurrection
- f) The Great Gathering
- g) The Standing: Awaiting Judgment
- h) The Judgment
- i) Al-Ḥawd (The Pool)
- j) As-Siraat
- k) Al-Qantarah
- l) Al-A’rāf
- m) Paradise and Hellfire
- n) Seeing Allah (Ar-Ru’yah)
- o) Important Principles