Upcoming Seminars with this course
There are currently no upcoming seminars with this course.
Light of Guidance (Doctrines of Faith I)
- Course Outline
"...Knowledge is the discerning proof of what is right and what is wrong, and it is the positive force that will help you surmount the trials of comfort, as well as those of hardships. Knowledge is your most powerful sword against your enemy, and finally, it is your most dignifying raiment in the company of your close companions." - Mu'aadh ibn Jabal, radi' Allaahu 'anhu
Before a student of knowledge masters the complexities of Arabic grammar, the intricacies of fiqh, or the details of hadeeth criticism, he or she must have firm knowledge and belief in the fundamentals of our deen. Our 'aqeedah is the pillar by which our deen stands firm, the fertile land from which all of our actions blossom, and it is the foundation from which all other Islamic sciences grow.
'Aqeedah is linguistically derived from the term 'aqadah' - a verb which means "to hold fast to" or "to establish". According to our scholars, 'aqeedah is the firm creed and beliefs that one's heart is fixed upon without any wavering or doubt. Are we certain about these beliefs to which our hearts should be tied? How well do we know the fundamental tenets of Islam, relating to our eman in Allah (swt), in the prophets, the books, the angels, the Last day and Qadr [fate]?
Imam Abu Haneefah, rahimahullah, called his work on 'aqeedah "al-Fiqh al-Akbar" (The Greater Understanding), while he referred to shari'ah as simply, "the understanding of science". This seminar is an opportunity to grasp this 'greater understanding', to grant us deeper awareness and knowledge about the crucial beliefs that form the skeleton of Islam, and to tie our hearts to these truths.
Topics to be Covered in this Seminar:
- Definition of Tawheed
- Importance of Tawheed
- Categories of Tawheed (history; differences of opinion regarding categorization schemes)
- Tawheed in Allah's Lordship (Ruboobiyyah): reality and definition
- Quranic Proofs of Ruboobiyyah
- Western Proofs for the Existence of God (Ontological, Cosmological, Kalam, etc.)
- Critique of Western Proofs; comparison w/ Islamic Proofs
- Atheism (arguments; refutation)
- Ruboobiyyah by itself is incomplete (proofs)
- Allah's Right to Be Worshipped (Uloohiyyah)
- Definition of Worship
- Meaning of Ilah; meaning of Kalimah
- Manifestations of Worship (Du'a, Sajdah, Tawwakul, Sabr, etc...)
- Deviations in Worship (Talismans, Magic, Astrology, etc...)
- Other concepts (Tabarruk; Tawassul; Shafa'aah; etc...)
- Shirk: definition; history; dangers; categories; causes
- Evidences used by Muslims who seek to justify Shirk
- Kufr and Nifaq: definition; dangers; categories; relationship with Shirk
- Manifestations of Major Kufr
This will be the base seminar for a number of other seminars including Fundamentals of Faith 201, 301, 401, and Comparative Religion.
"These seminars are really the sweetness of my life." - An AlMaghrib Student
And you won't go home empty-handed. You'll leave this course with credit towards a degree in Islamic Studies by AlMaghrib Institute; a binder with a summary of the lessons and handouts of the seminar; and step-by-step advice on how to implement what you’ve learned and carry it on to others.
"AlMaghrib Rocks!" - An AlMaghrib Student
3 hours Friday night, 8-10 hours on Saturdays and Sundays, exact timings vary by city.
- The session include a 10-minute break every 50 minutes. The day is mixed with activities, discussions, and lecture.
- The time includes a two-hour break in the early afternoon.
- Don't let the hours scare you. AlMaghrib is different from marathon halaqahs that trigger memories of pain. InshaAllah, count on it.
Previous AlMaghrib seminars have sold out in New Jersey and Houston long before the actual event. Students had to be turned back due to limited space. And if you delay your registration, Shaytan will have one more chance at preoccupying you so that you are later unable to attend...
Give your excuses a black eye! Enroll Now!
Five more reasons why you will want to attend an AlMaghrib Seminar:
- 1 Our Instructors are among the best ... period. We are determined to provide our students with instructors who take professionalism, effectiveness and expertise to the max. Along with tremendous knowledge, our instructors are also engaging and exciting, so that our seminars will provide you with some of the most interesting days you’ve ever spent learning Islam.
- 2 We give you the most important, important information. There is a lot of knowledge out there that may take you years to gather on your own. In this two-weekend seminar, we'll give you what we believe is the best, most important information to help you enact Islam in the best way.
- 3 Practicality is emphasized. You will leave the seminar with specifics you can apply and teach to others immediately. We promise you results on your very next day back at home or work.
- 4 The value is unbeatable. If someone were studying to fix computers, they would pay in the thousands, justifying the price by the huge return they would receive if they found work. Our prices do not amount to even one-tenth of that, yet isn't professional and efficient instruction in our Deen more worthy of our money? Our enrollment fees can be justified by the huge return you’ll receive – even if you don’t find work.
- 5 Our guarantee is unconditional, straightforward and the very best in the field. How can we be so confident? Because we work hard before the seminar to make sure you're happy with you're results after the seminar. Pertinent, useful information you can use, a convenient location, registration that is easy, and instructors who grab your attention and take you on an exciting journey full of fun and facts. We believe you'll love every minute of it.
"This is the first time in my life I gave the highest mark (on the evaluation form) without thinking twice or without lying or trying to make my trainer happy. This is the best Islamic seminar I've ever been to! And the best instructor that I've ever come across, hands down!" - AlMaghrib Student
Now the question is: What will you unbelievably be missing if you don't attend?
Give your excuses a black eye! Enroll Now!
I. Importance of Aqeedah in General
II. Terms of Aqeedah
- a) Definition of Tawheed
- b) Importance of Tawheed
III. Tawheed Ruboobiyyah
- a) Definition
- b) Islamic Proofs
- c) Western Proofs of Existence of God
IV. Shahaadah: Meanings & Conditions
- a) Meaning of Ilaah
- b) Conditions of Shahaadah
- a) Its Concept
- b) Its 3 Pillars
- c) Its Manifestation
- a) Importance of Knowing it
- b) Its Definition
- c) Dangers of Shirk
- d) Categories of Shirk
- a) Definition
- b) Tabarruk with Prophet after his death
- c) Tabarruk with "saints"
VIII. Talismans & Omens
IX. Magic & Astrology
X. Exalting Status of Saints
- a) Origins
- b) Grave Worship & Mausoleums
- c) Visiting Graves?
- a) Its Meaning
- b) Its Types/Categories
- c) For any intercession to be accepted by Allah
- d) Intercession Specific for Prophet
- a) Its Definition
- b) Types that were Sanctioned by the Qur'an and Sunnah
- c) Evidences
XIII. Shirk - Kufr - Nifaq
XIV. Incorrect Perception of Tawheed