Upcoming Seminars with this course
There are currently no upcoming seminars with this course.
The Purification Act (Fiqh of Worship I)
- Course Outline
There are two actions you do every day. If you neglect one of them, you may face punishment in the grave; and the other is the difference between you and those who do not believe. What are these two acts? Your Purification and your Prayer.
But you're thinking: "Duh, I already know how to pray and make Wudu. I'm Muslim!" Well survey the opinions in your masjid. Hands first or knees first? Move the finger or hold it still? Wipe the back of the neck or not? Say Ameen or stay silent? Survey says: you've got your hands full!
"The first thing that will be lost from your religion is trust, and the last thing to be lost will be the Prayer. You will see people from amongst you praying, but they will receive no reward for it." - Hadith collected by Al-Baihaqi
Sail out of the fog and into the clear with the new seminar by AlMaghrib Institute: The Purification Act: Fiqh of Worship I . Why do scholars have so many different opinions about Salah and Purification? Where do they get them from?
In The Purification Act, you'll take an objective approach to the study of the different opinions of the scholars and learn their proofs. You'll get the chance to see how the principles of Fiqh are applied to the different issues of Purification and Prayer. You'll learn the common mistakes people make, and you'll have the knowledge and ability to correct them.
"... Know that the Prayer is the best of your acts, and only a believer preserves Wudu." - Hadith collected by Imam Ahmad
"I have never experienced such 'ummah'-ness! I only read about it in books." - AlMaghrib Student
Prayer is the first thing that you'll be asked about on the Day of Resurrection, and it is invalid without Purification. What better way to prepare for that First Question than enrolling in The Purification Act: Fiqh of Worship I?
Previous AlMaghrib Seminars sold out in New Jersey and Houston long before the actual event. Students had to be turned back due to limited space. And if you delay your registration, Shaytaan will have one more chance at preoccupying you so that you are later unable to attend...
Give your excuses a black eye! Enroll Now!
"It has been narrated in a hadith: 'There will come a time when people will perform the Prayer, but they will not perform the Prayer.' I fear that that time is our time. If you were to perform the Prayer in 100 mosques, you would not find a single one where the Prayer is performed in accordance with the Sunnah of the Prophet and his Companions." - Imam Ahmed
Who is this Seminar For?
- Students of knowledge who are eager to start their study of Fiqh with a solid foundation.
- Students who want to learn the differences of opinion regarding Prayer and Purification and why they exist.
- Students who want to see the application of Usul ul Fiqh
- Community leaders who need to understand the Fiqh backgrounds of their multi-cultural communities.
- Muslims responsible for teaching Fiqh to young Muslims.
- New Muslims who, when confronted with the different opinions regarding Fiqh of Prayer and Purification, are often left confused.
- Anyone whose slogan is: " community unity " and needs to understand the ethics of disagreement and how - step by step - other opinions can be realistically tolerated.
- Every Muslim who wants to know and correct his or her mistakes in Prayer and Purification.
"And Allah loves those who make themselves pure" - Quran, At-Tauba: 108
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the differences of opinion regarding Prayer and Purification.
- Know the evidence behind your manner of praying.
- Knowledgeably correct other Muslims who make mistakes in their Worship.
- Carry on empowered dialogues with people of opposing views.
- Discuss issues of Fiqh with proper etiquette.
"These seminars are really the sweetness of my life." - An AlMaghrib Student
And you won't go home empty-handed. You'll leave this course with credit towards a degree in Islamic Studies by AlMaghrib Institute; a binder with a summary of the lessons and handouts of the seminar; and step-by-step advice on how to implement what you’ve learned and carry it on to others.
"AlMaghrib Rocks!" - An AlMaghrib Student
3 hours Friday night, 8-10 hours on Saturdays and Sundays, exact timings vary by city.
- The session include a 10-minute break every 50 minutes. The day is mixed with activities, discussions, and lecture.
- The time includes a two-hour break in the early afternoon.
- Don't let the hours scare you. AlMaghrib is different from marathon halaqahs that trigger memories of pain. InshaAllah, count on it.
Previous AlMaghrib seminars have sold out in New Jersey and Houston long before the actual event. Students had to be turned back due to limited space. And if you delay your registration, Shaytan will have one more chance at preoccupying you so that you are later unable to attend...
Give your excuses a black eye! Enroll Now!
Five more reasons why you will want to attend an AlMaghrib Seminar:
- 1 Our Instructors are among the best ... period. We are determined to provide our students with instructors who take professionalism, effectiveness and expertise to the max. Along with tremendous knowledge, our instructors are also engaging and exciting, so that our seminars will provide you with some of the most interesting days you’ve ever spent learning Islam.
- 2 We give you the most important, important information. There is a lot of knowledge out there that may take you years to gather on your own. In this two-weekend seminar, we'll give you what we believe is the best, most important information to help you enact Islam in the best way.
- 3 Practicality is emphasized. You will leave the seminar with specifics you can apply and teach to others immediately. We promise you results on your very next day back at home or work.
- 4 The value is unbeatable. If someone were studying to fix computers, they would pay in the thousands, justifying the price by the huge return they would receive if they found work. Our prices do not amount to even one-tenth of that, yet isn't professional and efficient instruction in our Deen more worthy of our money? Our enrollment fees can be justified by the huge return you’ll receive – even if you don’t find work.
- 5 Our guarantee is unconditional, straightforward and the very best in the field. How can we be so confident? Because we work hard before the seminar to make sure you're happy with you're results after the seminar. Pertinent, useful information you can use, a convenient location, registration that is easy, and instructors who grab your attention and take you on an exciting journey full of fun and facts. We believe you'll love every minute of it.
"This is the first time in my life I gave the highest mark (on the evaluation form) without thinking twice or without lying or trying to make my trainer happy. This is the best Islamic seminar I've ever been to! And the best instructor that I've ever come across, hands down!" - AlMaghrib Student
Now the question is: What will you unbelievably be missing if you don't attend?