Upcoming Seminars with this course
There are currently no upcoming seminars with this course.
Conquest (History of the Khulafā’)
- Course Outline
“Whoever says the Prophet has died
I will strike him with my sword”
It was the greatest trial to ever befall this ummah. It seemed as if a light had been extinguished, and suddenly, a land once full of light seemed sadly dark. Had the Messenger of Allah really passed away? Confusion set in, and in many ways the Muslims felt that a part of them had indeed died. Suddenly, out of the confusion rose a strong but familiar voice:
Whosoever worshipped Muhammad, Muhammad is dead. Whosoever worships Allah, then He is Ever-Living and does not die.
In the years that followed, the ummah would be lead through trials and triumphs of every kind - from the battles of apostasy during the khilafa of Abu Bakr to famine and plague during the rule of 'Umar ibn Al-Khattab; from the vast expansions of ‘Uthman ibn Affan to the tragic fitnah among the Sahabah during the rule of ‘Ali ibn Abi Talib.
But, who were the men behind the lofty title of khalifah?
Join us for the return of this epic seminar:
HISTORY OF THE KHULAFAA’
Taught by Shaykh Abdulbary Yahya
Who is this Seminar For?
- Anyone who needs the tools to filter truth from propaganda.
- Parents searching for role models to teach their children.
- Teachers in Islamic schools who may not have background in the Islamic sciences.
- Educated Muslims who want to be informed and literate regarding Islamic history.
- Muslims in leadership positions who want to learn the leadership techniques of the Khulafaa’.
- University students or High school seniors involved in Islam Awareness weeks.
- Muslim civil liberties activists that are frequently confronted with allegations against the ‘history’ of Islam.
- Anyone who works with Muslim youth in Sunday schools or youth groups.
- New members of the community who would like to make lasting friendships with students from all over their locality.
The Footsteps of the Rightly Guided...
We know their names, we even name our children after them, but what it is that truly set them apart? In this newly-developed version of an AlMaghrib classic, Shaykh Abdulbary Yahya takes us on a journey through the lives of four of the greatest men to walk this earth:
Abu Bakr ‘Umar ‘Uthman ‘Ali
Cling to it with your molar teeth...
“(follow) my Sunnah, and the Sunnah of the Khulafaa ar-Raashideen (rightly guided successors).” - Ibn Maajah
They were the best men – in their words and deeds - and it is their guidance we are told to follow - to hold on to it with our molar teeth! - but what does this guidance entail? Learn the qualities that made the Khulafaa successful in all aspects of their lives – from their relationship with their families to their differing styles of leadership. The lessons from their lives not only teach us about who they were as individuals, but also help us to learn how to live our own lives.
“Every class I have attended has been a blast. May Allah reward all the people associated with AlMaghrib Institute” - Ferouz Tafoya, Albuquerque, NM
What you will learn in this Seminar:
By the end of this seminar you will be able to...
- Recognize the different leadership techniques of the Khulafaa.
- Appreciate the sacrifices and sincerity of the Sahaabah.
- Recall historical events whose outcome impacts modern events and geopolitics.
- Understand the issues that eventually led to the Shia division and other sects.
- And - most importantly - if the darkness of ignorance and division and propaganda descends in your lifetime, you will know what to clench on to.
“...The Eman rush I got was immeasurable and the quality and quantity of knowledge I gained far surpassed my expectations. Shaykh Abdulbary is a superb storyteller, has a captivating lecturing style, and a great sense of humor. The material was oozing with GEMs, priceless chunks of knowledge and wisdom.” - Samia Abuisnaineh, Chicago, IL
How is this relevant?
Besides the adventure & identity-building you’ll get by learning the heroic stories of our forefathers, studying the History of the Khulafaa is even more relevant today:
- Can’t keep your life balanced? Learn how Abu Bakr lead an Ummah, succeeded in business, raised a family, all while secretly taking care of the weak and the widowed at night.
- Faced with a tough decision? Find out how Abu Bakr assessed a critical decision based on fundamental principals regardless of public opinion
- Compromising your values? Extract strength from the stories of Umar, the man who was the first to pray publicly despite a threatening environment.
- Feeling weak in eman? Study the traits of a man from whom the Shaytan would flee at first sight – Umar!
- Feeling strapped for cash? Take example from Uthman and his story of riches. How can a Muslim be successful in this life and the next – you’ll find it in this man.
- Can’t figure out the difference between modesty and lack of confidence? Bring Uthman into your life and understand how a Khalifa of a quickly expanding Ummah can also be among the shyest of the Sahabah.
- Disgusted by Masjid politics? Analyze the tragic fitnah between the Sahabah and how Ali wisely addressed the situation.
- Still figuring out the family life? Learn how wise Ali was as a spouse to the daughter of the Prophet and a father to the two Masters of Paradise – Hasan & Hussain.
May the pleasure of Allah (Swt) be upon them all – our dear companions of the Prophet (salla Allahu alayhi wassalam).