Upcoming Seminars with this course
Rules of Engagement (Islamic Ethics)
- Course Outline
Islamic Code of Ethics: I.C.E.
I.C.E. also stands for Integrity, Compassion, and Endurance, the three primary elements of noble character. The seminar will focus on these three qualities, in addition to many other magnificent values.
Speaking of endurance, did you know that endurance is the one condition for success of any type!
A wise man once said:
"Endurance is one of the most difficult disciplines, but it is to the one who endures that the final victory comes. "
This seminar is for those who are ready to confront their weaknesses and overcome their shortcomings. It is for those who want to break free from the shackles of laziness and the prison of moral impotency.
Whether you are ready to take a stand or not, this seminar is going to give you both the motivation and the tools you need in your quest to gain control over your rebellious soul.
"Clever is he who conquers the self..." - The Noble Prophet, salAllahu alayhi wa salam
This seminar is for those who wish to conquer!
Our ethical values are the reflection of our belief system and they determine our... well, find out when you attend the seminar!
"...Know that overt manners are the banner of covert amenities, and the actions of the limbs are the fruits of the thoughts. Deeds are the results of ethics. The etiquettes are the dew of the principles. The limbs of he whose heart is not devoted will not reflect any devotion... And he whose interior is not a niche for the divine light of guidance, his exterior will not glow with the charm of the Prophetic manners." - Ibn Qudama AlMaqdisi
Who is this Seminar For?
- Children having trouble dealing with their parents
- Parents having trouble dealing with their children
- People having trouble in their work environment
- Men and Women involved in Da'wah work, seeking to better their approach with people
- People who are seeking to enhance the quality of their family time
- Muslims seeking to inculcate the characteristics of the Prophet sallaAllahu 'alayhi wa sallam
By the end of this seminar you will be able to...
- Know the Sunnah of Rasulullah, salla Allahu alayhi wa sallam, and his example in dealing with people
- Understand how to deal and interact with one's parents
- Understand how to impress the ethics of Islam onto your children
- Deal with a hostile work environment and frustrating people
- Impress upon your own self a tightly-knit foundation of morality; in the pursuit of success in this temporal world and the Hereafter.
"These seminars are really the sweetness of my life." - An AlMaghrib Student
And you won't go home empty-handed. You'll leave this course with credit towards a degree in Islamic Studies by AlMaghrib Institute; a binder with a summary of the lessons and handouts of the seminar; and step-by-step advice on how to implement what you’ve learned and carry it on to others.
"AlMaghrib Rocks!" - An AlMaghrib Student
3 hours Friday night, 8-10 hours on Saturdays and Sundays, exact timings vary by city.
- The session include a 10-minute break every 50 minutes. The day is mixed with activities, discussions, and lecture.
- The time includes a two-hour break in the early afternoon.
- Don't let the hours scare you. AlMaghrib is different from marathon halaqahs that trigger memories of pain. InshaAllah, count on it.
Previous AlMaghrib seminars have sold out in New Jersey and Houston long before the actual event. Students had to be turned back due to limited space. And if you delay your registration, Shaytan will have one more chance at preoccupying you so that you are later unable to attend...
Give your excuses a black eye! Enroll Now!
Five more reasons why you will want to attend an AlMaghrib Seminar:
- 1 Our Instructors are among the best ... period. We are determined to provide our students with instructors who take professionalism, effectiveness and expertise to the max. Along with tremendous knowledge, our instructors are also engaging and exciting, so that our seminars will provide you with some of the most interesting days you’ve ever spent learning Islam.
- 2 We give you the most important, important information. There is a lot of knowledge out there that may take you years to gather on your own. In this two-weekend seminar, we'll give you what we believe is the best, most important information to help you enact Islam in the best way.
- 3 Practicality is emphasized. You will leave the seminar with specifics you can apply and teach to others immediately. We promise you results on your very next day back at home or work.
- 4 The value is unbeatable. If someone were studying to fix computers, they would pay in the thousands, justifying the price by the huge return they would receive if they found work. Our prices do not amount to even one-tenth of that, yet isn't professional and efficient instruction in our Deen more worthy of our money? Our enrollment fees can be justified by the huge return you’ll receive – even if you don’t find work.
- 5 Our guarantee is unconditional, straightforward and the very best in the field. How can we be so confident? Because we work hard before the seminar to make sure you're happy with you're results after the seminar. Pertinent, useful information you can use, a convenient location, registration that is easy, and instructors who grab your attention and take you on an exciting journey full of fun and facts. We believe you'll love every minute of it.
"This is the first time in my life I gave the highest mark (on the evaluation form) without thinking twice or without lying or trying to make my trainer happy. This is the best Islamic seminar I've ever been to! And the best instructor that I've ever come across, hands down!" - AlMaghrib Student
Now the question is: What will you unbelievably be missing if you don't attend?
Give your excuses a black eye! Enroll Now!
I. The Common Factor: Ikhlaas
- a) Case 1: Parents vs. Children
- b) Case 2: The Desperate Cousin
- c) Case 3: Unpaid Wages
II. History of Ethical Thinking: Questions Raised
- a) What is the Good Life? (Happy & Satisfied, Greeks & Romans)
- b) How can one have a relationship with God? (Judeo-Christian)
- c) How should one treat his/her fellow man? (Contemporary Western Cultures)
III. History of Ethical Thinking: Variety of Answers
- a) Virtue Ethics
- b) Dueties or Rules (Deontology)
- c) Consequences of Actions (Consequentialism)
IV. Factors that Contribute: to the downfall of nations & civilizations
V. What is Ethics anyway? Ethics, Akhlaq & Adaab
VI. Ethics & Worship
- a) Salaah
- b) Sawm
- c) Zakat
- d) Hajj
VII. Ethics with Allah
VIII. Ethics & Others: Fairness & Kindness
- 1) Rights & Treatment
- a) Parents
- b) Children
- c) Siblings & Relatives
- d) Spousal Rights
- 2) Justice & Kindness:
- a) Interaction Guidelines
- b) Muslims & Non-Muslims
- c) Doing Da'wah
IX. Relating to Self: Determination & Moderation
- a) Fire Fighters: Cures for Anger
- b) The Ways to Eliminate Oppression
- c) Changing Habits: Acquiring Good Qualities
- d) Sustaining Motivation
- e) Overcoming Challenges