Art of Manners (Islamic Code of Ethics)
- Course Outline
We’re bringing chivalry back
and making “classy” cool again.
So roll out the red carpet for…
The Art of Manners
...the freshly new seminar
by the young gent himself…
Ustadh Majed Mahmoud
Here are 3 crushing things people don’t realize
1. Your acts of worship mean little if people aren’t safe from what you say and how they feel around you.
2. Islamic etiquettes aren’t exclusive to dealing with others… but there’s a unique set to have with Allah… and surprisingly… with yourself too.
3. It ain’t all from the Shaytan. Within us, there’s a rebellious soul… the source of our laziness, procrastination, temper and bad habits. Control it...and success is yours.
Pity the fool…
The Prophet (ﷺ) said about the bankrupt fool…
“He’s the one who comes with prayers, fasting and zakat on the Day of Judgement, but he has abused this one, falsely accused that one, wrongfully consuming the wealth of this one, spilling the blood of that one, and beating this one.
So he is seated while the others take from his rewards…
...and when his rewards are done, he takes from their sins…
...then he will be cast into the Fire.” [Tirmidhi]
In this seminar, learn the Art of Manners with ALLAH…
- The art of complaining to Allah
- The art of speaking about Allah with & without knowledge
- The art of recognizing the tests from Allah
- The art of dealing with hardships and calamities
- The art of seeking Allah’s assistance
- The art of maintaining sincerity & being motivated towards the worship of Allah
...the Art of Manners with OTHERS…
- The art of saying the truth & lying
- The art of being grateful to the people, spouse & parents
- The art of pleasing & displeasing people
- The art of choosing the best companionship
- The art of earning people’s trust and winning their hearts
- The art of stopping people from over-praising
- The art of developing good habits and letting go of the bad ones
- The art of being patient & suppressing anger
- The art of accepting & declining certain job duties
- The art of posting on social media
- The art of controlling temptations
The little things you don’t realize are Sunnah…
1. The Prophet (ﷺ) said: “He who has hair should honor it.” [Abu Dawud] COMB and CARE for your hair!
2. Aisha (radi Allahu anha) said the Prophet would use Miswak before entering the house. [Al-Nasai] STAY FRESH for your spouse!
It’s the little things that build to make you a person of character and integrity.
Someone who is loved, respected and honored.
Someone who is saved on the Day when the little things matter.
The Prophet (ﷺ) said:
“Two Things will not be together in a hypocrite:
good manners and Fiqh of the religion.”
“I was sent to perfect good character.”
[Adab Al Mufrad]