Upcoming Seminars with this course
There are currently no upcoming seminars with this course.
The Prophet's Smile (Shamā’il (Characteristics) of Muhammad (ṣallallāhu ‘alayhi wa sallam))
- Course Outline
The Sahaba longed for the warm company of Prophet Muhammad (salla Allahu alayhi wassalam). His wives yearned for his encompassing love and affection. His enemies sat in respectful awe of his presence. Until the end of time mankind strives to emulate his perfect example.
AlMaghrib Institute is honoured to launch a seminar of noble content discussing the Shamaaíil (Characterstics) of Rasoolullah (saw). Not only a Prophet and Messenger, he (salla Allahu alayhi wassalam) was also a caring husband, a loving father, a loyal friend, a charismatic leader, a wise general, a patient teacher, and above all, a mercy to mankind.
"It was by the mercy of Allah that you were lenient with them (O Muhammad), for if you had been stern and fierce of heart they would have dispersed from round about you. So pardon them and ask forgiveness for them and consult with them upon the conduct of affairs. And when you are resolved, then put your trust in Allah. Lo! Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)" - Qur'an, 3:159
The Prophet, (salla Allahu alayhi wassalam) said:
"None of you becomes a believer until I am dearer to him than his children, his parents and all mankind." [Bukhari and Muslim]
How can one make the Prophet (saw) dearer than his own children if he does not know the Prophet (saw), how he behaved and interacted with his family, friends, and adversaries? To love the Prophet (saw) is to also love his noble character, way of living, and to love that which he loved.
The Prophet's Smile
Study the Shamaa'il of Rasul Allah and learn his:
- Many names and what they mean
- Style of speech and humour
- Humble, just, truthful and loving character
- Method of walking and traveling
- Preference in arts and hobbies
- Personal possessions and wealth
- Mannerisms in sitting and sleeping
- taste in food and drink
- all that his heart longed for and devoted to
The Prophet, (salla Allahu alayhi wassalam) said:
"Allah has sent me as a messenger so that I may demonstrate perfection of character, refinement of manners and loftiness of deportment." [Imam Malik and Imam Ahmed]
By studying the Characteristics of the Prophet (saw), you will:
- Grow to love him increasingly more
- Appreciate that he was al-insaan ul-kaamil (the perfect man)
- Embody his noble characteristics in your everyday living
- Aspire to be among the Sahaba who will dwell with him in Paradise, insha Allah
"Say [O Prophet]: If you love Allah, follow me, [and] Allah will love you and forgive you your sins; for Allah is much-forgiving, a dispenser of grace." - Qur'an, 3:31
This character-building seminar is taught by our very own heart-provoking instructor:
Shaykh Yaser Birjas
"Sh. Yaser is amazing mashallah. He has an awesome sense of humor, which makes time fly! His lectures are so packed with ilm, that you are constantly learning something. I find myself constantly referencing what we have learned, and alhamdulillah, the second weekend has yet to come, and I've already changed my life! Dude, this Shaykh is getting so much ajr inshallah ta'ala. I only wish the class was longer!" - Hallie, Michigan
"There is something about these classes that sets them apart from other classes I have taken, something that makes me come back every time, and there is no one single reason. Rather, it is a plethora of experiences that have been imprinted on my mind and have settled in my heart. JazakumAllaho khairun for giving me this opportunity to learn Shaykh Yaser. It is indeed a blessing." - Limbers, New Jersey
In only a single weekend:
- Bring your heart closer to your beloved Prophet (salla Allahu alahyi wassalam)
- Know what it means to follow his Sunnah
- Transform into a person who by virtue of his character brings goodness and love to those around him
- Connect on a deeper level to the man who will intercede for you on the Day of Judgement as a result of your grand love for him.
Not like any Seerah class...
Unlike Seerah classes that discuss the Sahaba, incidents and events, The Prophetís Smile focuses on our beloved Prophet (saw) and only him. Filled with stories, emotions, and life lessons, this seminar is bound to tug on your heart strings, broaden your horizon, and leave you breathless.
What will you ultimately miss by not attending this single-weekend seminar?
Imagine a class filled with like-minded students constantly sending peace and blessings upon our Prophet. Feel the serenity (sakeenah) that will descend upon the attendees as they come as close to living with the Prophet (saw) for a weekend as one can get.
"Verily, Allah and His angels shower blessings on the Prophet. O you who believe! Ask blessings on him and salute him with a worthy salutation." - Qur'an, 33:56
In the Prophetís (saw) final moments, the reality of his departure made his daughter Fatima (ra) weep. Even in these moments, his words of musk whispered in her ear made her smile.
As his head lay weak in Aishaís (ra) arms, he shared with his most beloved wife moments of tender care as she softened his siwaak and helped brush his teeth. In her arms, he took his last breath.
Upon hearing the news, Abu Bakr (ra) rushed to the Prophetís (saw) home, uncovered his face, kissed him on his forehead and uttered the beautiful tear-jerking words:
"You are indeed beautiful in both life and death..."
The loss of the Prophet (saw) was the loss of the greatest man to ever walk the Earth:
Anas, radi Allahu `anhu, said:
"I have never witnessed a day better or brighter than the day on which the Messenger of Allah came to us; and I have never witnessed a more awful or darker day than that one one which the Messenger of Allah died on."
This is the weekend in which you perfect your character and elevate your status by emulating the most perfect man (salla Allahu alayhi wassalam) that will ever live...
- and smile the Prophet's Smile.
Section 1: Love of the Prophet
- a. True Love
- b. Why Love The Messenger?
- c. Signs of Love for Him
- d. His Rights Upon Us
Section 2: The Names of the Prophet
- a. The Praised One
- b. The Story Behind His Name
- c. His Lineage
- d. His Other Names
- e. His Mention in the Scriptures
Section 3: The characteristics of the Prophet
- a. The Muhammadan Characteristics
- b. How Does Shama'il Differ From Sirah?
- c. The Physical Description of the Prophet
- d. The Etiquettes of the Prophet
- e. The Character of the Prophet
- f. The Exclusive Characteristics
- g. The Signs of Prophethood
Section 4: Refuting Doubts About the Prophet
- a. Doubt #1
- b. Doubt #2
- c. Doubt #3
Section 5: "Peace and Blessings be Upon Him"
- a. What does Salaah and Salaam upon him mean?
- b. What is the ruling on sending Salaah and Salaam upon him?
- c. What are some of the virtues of sending Salaah and Salaam?
Section 6: The Greatest Calamities
- a. The Sickness Begins
- b. Farewell Advice and Legacy
- c. The Final Moment