Upcoming Seminars with this course
Love Notes (Marriage and Family Life)
- Course Outline
What is love? Is love a fancy or a feeling?
"And among His signs is this, that He created for you mates from among yourselves, that ye may dwell in tranquility with them, and He has put Love and mercy between your (hearts), verily in that are signs for those who reflect." - Qur'an, 30:21
Oh yes, the ever familiar verse printed haphazardly on the multitudes of engraved and sequined wedding invitations that fill our mailboxes during the summer months. Among the ayahs of the Qur’an, this one is truly one of the most well-known! But what does this verse really mean? And why does it seem as though couples believe the verse no longer applies to them once the honeymoon is over?
So, what is love? And what does Islam have to do with it?
Think about it, in times when society and culture infatuate people with the urge to fall in love and enjoy all the emotional and physical pleasures derived from it, it is imperative that a Muslim know how to fulfill his or her desires in the way most pleasing to Allah subhanahu wa ta’ala.
In this one weekend seminar, you will learn how Islam encourages the development and maintenance of romantic love between spouses. If you are seeking the knowledge of how to gain the pleasures of this world while not compromising your hereafter, this course is for you!
The Messenger of Allah salla Allahu alayhi wa sallam speaking about his wife Khadijah said:
"Verily, I was filled with love for her."
What’s that? You never thought that love had a place in Islam? You couldn’t be more wrong. Learn about the love stories of the prophet Muhammad salla Allahu alayhi wa sallam, and his companions.
If you’re married and looking for ways to please your spouse, or if you’re not married and looking to increase your knowledge on the correct way of getting married, check this course out. You will not be disappointed, InshaAllah.
By the end of this seminar you will be able to
- Understand the meaning of love and its rulings from an Islamic perspective.
- Recognize the Mercy and Wisdom of Allah subhanahu wa ta’ala Who laid down rules for marriage and the treatment of one’s spouse.
- Understand how Islam protects and nurtures love between a male and a female through the institution of marriage.
- Know how love and compassion played key roles in the life of the Prophet Muhammad, salla Allahu alayhi wa sallam, and his example as a husband and a family man.
- Understand the reasons behind the status and importance of marriage and the family unit in Islam.
- Search for the most desirable characteristics in a prospective spouse and know the correct procedures for pursuing someone you are interested in marrying.
- Know the rights and obligations of each spouse and how to work together to achieve a household full of love and mercy.
And you won't go home empty-handed. You'll leave this course with credit towards a degree in Islamic Studies by AlMaghrib Institute; a binder with a summary of the lessons and handouts of the seminar; and step-by-step advice on how to implement what you’ve learned and carry it on to others.
"AlMaghrib Rocks!" - An AlMaghrib Student
3 hours Friday night, 8-10 hours on Saturday and Sunday, exact timings vary by city.
- The session include a 10-minute break every 50 minutes. The day is mixed with activities, discussions, and lecture.
- The time includes a two-hour break in the early afternoon.
- Don't let the hours scare you. AlMaghrib is different from marathon halaqahs that trigger memories of pain. InshaAllah, count on it.
Previous AlMaghrib seminars have sold out in New Jersey and Houston long before the actual event. Students had to be turned back due to limited space. And if you delay your registration, Shaytan will have one more chance at preoccupying you so that you are later unable to attend...
Give your excuses a black eye! Enroll Now!
Five more reasons why you will want to attend an AlMaghrib Seminar:
- 1 Our Instructors are among the best ... period. We are determined to provide our students with instructors who take professionalism, effectiveness and expertise to the max. Along with tremendous knowledge, our instructors are also engaging and exciting, so that our seminars will provide you with some of the most interesting days you’ve ever spent learning Islam.
- 2 We give you the most important, important information. There is a lot of knowledge out there that may take you years to gather on your own. In this two-weekend seminar, we'll give you what we believe is the best, most important information to help you enact Islam in the best way.
- 3 Practicality is emphasized. You will leave the seminar with specifics you can apply and teach to others immediately. We promise you results on your very next day back at home or work.
- 4 The value is unbeatable. If someone were studying to fix computers, they would pay in the thousands, justifying the price by the huge return they would receive if they found work. Our prices do not amount to even one-tenth of that, yet isn't professional and efficient instruction in our Deen more worthy of our money? Our enrollment fees can be justified by the huge return you’ll receive – even if you don’t find work.
- 5 Our guarantee is unconditional, straightforward and the very best in the field. How can we be so confident? Because we work hard before the seminar to make sure you're happy with you're results after the seminar. Pertinent, useful information you can use, a convenient location, registration that is easy, and instructors who grab your attention and take you on an exciting journey full of fun and facts. We believe you'll love every minute of it.
"This is the first time in my life I gave the highest mark (on the evaluation form) without thinking twice or without lying or trying to make my trainer happy. This is the best Islamic seminar I've ever been to! And the best instructor that I've ever come across, hands down!" - AlMaghrib Student
Now the question is: What will you unbelievably be missing if you don't attend?
Give your excuses a black eye! Enroll Now!
Table of Content:
Preface: The Faqeeh of Love
Chapter One: Jesting about Love
- A. Introductions
- B. Islam and Love
- C. Ruling of Love
- D. Falling in Love
- E. A Story of real Love
Chapter Two: The Earnestness of Love
- A. Marriage and Family Life
- B. Status of the Family in Islam
- C. History of Marriage
- D. Islam and Marriage
Chapter Three: Martial Rights
- A. Rights of the Spouse
- B. From the Life of the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him)
Chapter Four: Marital Discord
Chapter Five: Languages of Love
- A. Maintaining Love and Marital Life
- B. Understanding the Differences
- C. the Many Different Languages of Love
- D. Final Advice