Upcoming Seminars with this course
I Am Her (Life & Leadership Lessons from Women in the Quran)
- Course Outline
“Because you’re a woman…
...you can’t lead…
...you can’t speak publicly…
...you can’t join the conversation…”
That’s what our sisters keep hearing…
...and while some have believed this narrative...
...many more sisters have proven that not only CAN and WILL they…
...but the rest need to keep up.
That’s why AlMaghrib Institute is proud to introduce this ground-breaking seminar...
I Am Her
Life & Leadership Lessons
from Women in the Quran
Taught by Ustadha Taimiyyah Zubair
Man vs Woman
It’s true, women aren’t like men. We think, talk, and act differently.
That’s actually why women are vital to the conversation, the Dawah scene, activism, and the public sphere.
In this seminar, you will experience:
- Female role models in light of Quran
- Rising above female misconceptions and limitations
- Encouragement to lead lives of influence and contribution
- Core empowerment from the Quran
- Leadership that creates change both in public and at home
Who are the Women of the Quran
Not many have considered the deep leadership lessons for women in the Quran.
This may be a novel notion for some, but leadership in Dawah, activism and family are taught through the stories of:
- The mother of Maryam
- Maryam herself
- Asiyah, the wife of the Pharoah
- The mother, sister and wife of Musa
- The mothers of the believers
- Khawlah bint Tha’labah of Surat Mujadilah
- Bilqis, the Queen of Sheba
The Quran is indeed a source of empowerment for women!
Student will experience the Quran as a source of motivation and spiritual guide, in shaa Allah.
Why is this Seminar for You?
This is a one-day, workshop-style seminar with these objectives:
- Transform the woman’s mindset and beliefs towards her own potential and value.
- Empower women to rise above and seek new heights in both the public sphere and at home.
Who is Ustadha Taimiyyah Zubair
Ustadha Taimiyyah Zubair is an established teacher of Quran with a focus on Tafsir and Word Analysis. She is a respected and inspirational role model, teaching both globally and in her community for more than a decade.
Ustadha Taimiyyah studied under her parents and scholars, Dr. Idrees Zubair and Dr. Farhat Hashmi (founders of Al Huda International). She has been a student and teacher, at Al Huda Institute, of various Islamic Sciences including Arabic Grammar, Hadith and Fiqh.
Currently, Ustadha Taimiyyah is completing her Humanities degree with a President’s Entrance Scholarship at the University of Waterloo.
We are honoured to have Ustadha Taimiyyah as the second female instructor at AlMaghrib Institute.
So the next time someone says
“you run like a girl”
“That’s right. Keep up.”
There is no outline for this course. Please check back later.