Dates : Oct 17 - 19
Every day, you go through the motions of life; somehow getting yourself to school or work, socializing with friends, coping with stress, running errands, and possibly having a little fun.
Overwhelmed, you find the obligations of Islam burdensome, rushing through a prayer or speeding through dhikr. You felt the beauty of these acts once before, but where has it gone?
“Life’s a hustle” – or so they say.
As Muslims, we abide by a set of rules – to some it may seem like a list of do’s and don’ts, but to others, it’s a grand way of life transcending the mundane and hollow.
While you may very well be performing the acts of prayer, fasting the days of Ramadan or even journeying to Makkah, are you able to maintain a strong connection with Allah (swt)?
The secret to your success is found Behind the Scenes – in the very condition of your heart.
AlMaghrib Institute presents a heart-reviving seminar with monumental implications to your spirituality:
REVIVING A DEAD HEART
No matter the state of your heart, there is still hope for its rebirth.
In Behind the Scenes, you will unlock the secrets of revitalization by studying Minhaj Al-Qasidin (Methodology of the Seekers), a classical book summarizing the world famous Magnus Opus of Imam al-Ghazali:
This invaluable and timeless book contains within it:
- the secrets of worship
- the inner meanings of our worldly and religious acts
- the blue print to attaining the pleasure of Allah (swt)
- the tools to rooting out our destructive flaws
KEEPING YOUR SOUL IN CHECK
Don’t deny it… you’ve got voices in your head and they’re always debating whether you should or shouldn’t do something. Am I right?
Tahdeebul Nafs is the science of controlling and disciplining your soul (nafs) and desires. And it’s a skill you’ll pick up with Shaykh Omar Suleiman, among other soul-strengthening strategies:
- Mapping out a wird in accordance with the Sunnah (an established schedule for spiritual develop ment)
- Identifying and writing out flaws & personality disorders hindering spiritual progress
- Identifying and writing possible practical solutions
- Writing a letter to Allah (swt), sealed in an envelope (what you’ll do with it is a surprise!)
- Experimenting with various impacts on the heart
- Establishing a clear blueprint to your spiritual success
So how badly do you think your soul needs to enroll in Behind the Scenes right now.
FINDING THE ANTIDOTE TO YOUR POISON
“Give me a break!”, you say, “I can’t possibly be an ascetic monk like the pious of the past. Life is too hard!”
Idleness and heedlessness are poisons of the heart just as hate and envy are. But how can you find the cure to these diseases if you’re too busy struggling with life?
Shaykh Omar Suleiman discusses Ihyaa Uloom Al-Din in the modern context, shedding light on the concept of zuhd (asceticism) with a pleasant strike of balance.
When you take this seminar, you’ll finally be able to:
- Embrace the concept of zuhd: “Be in this world but not of it”
- Extract gems from the spiritual lives of our righteous predecessors
- Rid yourself from the poisons of your heart
- Develop a solid and consistent relationship with Allah (swt)
- Appreciate the deep meanings behind our acts of worship
- Learn to find meaning in our everyday tasks (mu’amalat), turning them into acts of worship (‘ibaadaat)
- Understand the sunnah course of spiritual development
- Develop good character and piety
- Enshrine the etiquettes of remembering Allah and attaining His pleasure
- Define the bounds in regards to revering a scholar or teacher
THE DOCTOR OF SOUL
As the smiley, friendly giant from New Orleans, there is something uniquely special about Shaykh Omar Suleiman. The youth gravitate towards him, while older audiences are dignified by his presence.
Shaykh Omar’s style and expertise make him just the man to teach Behind the Scenes as our very own ‘Doctor of Soul’. Born and raised in America, he’s bringing the classical texts to your times with the relevance of modern day challenges and obstacles facing the average brother and sister today.
As a die-hard fan of the New Orleans Saints NFL team, Shaykh Omar Suleiman will hear out your individual shackles and respond with, “I understand, and this is how you shatter them!”
BRINGING OUT YOUR BEST
Minhaj Al-Qasidin (written by Ibn Al Jawzee) is a Summary of that Magnus Opus of Imam al-Ghazali The 'Ihya Ulum Ad-Din, which is used as the main reference for this seminar.
Not only will you appreciate the works of our scholars from behind the scenes, you will also apply these lessons to your own life.
Bring out your best and leave your flaws behind:
- Build the strength for Qiyam al-Layl (night prayer)
- Enjoy the fruits of everlasting charity
- Long for the days of voluntary fasting
- Embrace the qualities of a Hajji
- Squash any distractions from the Quran
- Establish the award (routines) of the day and night
- Balance the merits of friends and seclusion