Upcoming Seminars with this instructor
Follow the Shaykh on Facebook
Follow the Shaykh on twitter
Shaykh Yaser Birjas (Department Head, Instructor)
- Hails From Irving, Texas, USA
- Expertise Marriage and Family Relations
- Famous Quote “To say حـب one must commit the entire mouth from the throat to the lips, symbolic of the commitment of life in love.”
- Most Likely to Say “Share the Khayr” and “Yaaa Jama’a!”
- Classroom Pet Peeve Not asking questions. If you don’t, he will assume either you are an expert or that you understand nothing.
- Known For His love for chocolates! But don’t be fooled, he loses calories simply by reading.
Shaykh Yaser Birjas is the Head of our Islamic Law and Theory Department. Often described as the fatherly figure by students, Shaykh Yaser exudes a calm, gentle and caring demeanour that welcomes students to ask questions with awe and respect.
Shaykh Yaser started his career in Electronic Engineering in the UAE, then in Madinah where he graduated as class Valedictorian with the highest honors from The Islamic University of Madinah’s College of Shariah (Fiqh and Usool) in 1996. He learned from various highly respected scholars such as Shaikh Ash-Shanqitee and Shaikh Al-Uthaimeen (rahimahu Allah).
In 1997, he went to work as a relief program aide to rebuild the war-torn Bosnia. In 2000, he immigrated to the U.S. where he served as an Imam at The Islamic Center in El Paso, Texas and a director of English programs in Da'wah and outreach for the Orland Park Prayer Center.
His specialty in the subject of marriage and relations made him a highly sought marriage counsellor for the Muslim community.