Upcoming Seminars with this instructor
Follow the Shaykh on Facebook
Shaykh Yahya Ibrahim (AlMaghrib Instructor)
- Hails From Toronto, Canada
- Expertise Spirituality & The Qur'an
- Famous Quote “A sign of Allah’s Love for you is your wife’s love for you. A sign of your love for Allah is displayed in your treatment of your wife.”
- Most Likely to Say “Right??” and “Come on!"
- Classroom Pet Peeve Late students!
- Known For Naturally poetic and smooth whilst he talks with one of those voices that just sounds like Brown Sugar. Also known for his immense concern for marital relationships and counselling those in need to better perfect them.
Shaykh Yahya Ibrahim, is the man with the golden touch – touching hearts. Known as “the Smooth”, and “the Chill”, for us Shaykh Yahya simply is an awesome role model and our latest addition to the AlMaghrib teaching staff.
Shaykh Yahya started his journey into knowledge with the memorisation of the Qur’ān in his teens and then pursued his studies in exegesis, jurisprudence and hadith with scholars from the Hijaz, and in Egypt as well.
As a proud Canadian yet happy Aussie, he travels the world regularly from his base in Perth, enriching the lives of thousands with his wise and balanced commentary on the matters which are most important to Muslims in our time. His initiatives, in Australia, include diversity training, cultural sensitivity programs, educational lectures and media presentations. His expertise is sought by schools, universities and a wide range of government & non-government organisations.
Although, Shaykh Yahya is known for his spiritually uplifting discussions and addressing topics of Qur’ānic exegesis, Sunnah and tradition and juristic limitations, he is passionate also presenting on non-conventional topics including domestic violence, misogyny, gender discrimination, child protection, respectful relationships, disability and mental health.
Reflecting his dedication to these goals, Imam Yahya was awarded the West Australian Multicultural Community Service Award for Individual Excellence in 2013. He was also the selected facilitator for the federal government’s Muslim Community Reference Group for the Conference of Australian Imams.