Upcoming Seminars with this instructor
- Forever New York City, NY Starts on Feb 19th View
- 24-7 Copenhagen, DK Starts on Feb 26th View
- Complicated? Stockholm, SE Starts on Mar 4th View
- Complicated? Seattle, WA Starts on Apr 1st View
- Forever Charlotte, NC Starts on Apr 15th View
- Forever Houston, TX Starts on Apr 22nd View
- 24-7 Singapore, SG Starts on May 13th View
Follow the Shaykh on Facebook
Shaykh Waleed Basyouni (Vice President, Department Head, Instructor)
- Hails From Houston, Texas, USA
- Expertise Theology ('Aqidah)
- Famous Quote “The optimist is the one who sees opportunities in their difficulties and the pessimist is the one who sees difficulties in their opportunities”
- Most Likely to Say “Ya know?” and “Ya’nee”
- Classroom Pet Peeve Sleeping in class, texting or surfing the net. You will get called out and he’s pretty good at spotting out the discreet!
- Known For Extreme sports like scuba diving and mountain climbing. Sh Waleed has been to many exotic places and has surprisingly found masajid in the most unexpected spots.
Shaykh Waleed Basyouni, PhD, is the Vice President of AlMaghrib Institute and the Head of our ‘Aqīdah and Adab Department. Students know him well for his sincere care for their well-being and progress in studying. We see Shaykh Waleed as not just our senior scholar, but one of the most important leaders of the da‘wah in the West.
He graduated with a Bachelor in Islamic Sciences from Al-Imam Muhammad University (KSA), did his Master’s in Islamic Theology, World Religions and Modern Religious Sects from Al-Imam Muhammad University, and achieved a Doctorate in Theology from the Graduate Theological Foundation in Indiana.
Shaykh Waleed Basyouni has made numerous appearances in the media around the world including Al-Huda Channel, Islam Channel & Peace TV. He is an Imām, and active member of a number of Islamic organizations and Islamic Societies such as NAIF, and is a Director of the Texas Da‘wah Convention. Shaykh Waleed also gives fatwa as a member of the American Muslim Jurists Association (AMJA).