Upcoming Seminars with this instructor
There are currently no upcoming seminars with this instructor.
Follow the Shaykh on Facebook
Shaykh Said Rageah (AlMaghrib Instructor)
- Hails From Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Expertise Islamic Law (Shari’ah)
- Famous Quote "To forgive someone means to have the intention in the heart that Allah not punish that person in the next life for that wrong he did to you. This intention in the heart does not mean that one also has to no longer feel upset or have the natural feelings of dislike for that person.”
- Most Likely to Say “Ya Ikhwati!”
- Classroom Pet Peeve Classroom participation is important to him; so don’t just look back at him with a blank stare.
- Known For As a tall man, he can school you in a game of basketball easily; but not before he has your head spinning with amazing story-telling techniques.
Shaykh Said Rageah brings a whole new ball game to the classroom. His smooth style and laid back demeanour makes you feel he’s your “brotha from anotha motha”. With a light-hearted and down-to-Earth character, Shaykh Said has the uncanny ability to connect with the youth and motivate them to action as he counsels them on various issues.
Born in Somalia, Shaykh Said later moved to North America in the late 80s. He has a Bachelor’s in Islamic studies and a Masters in Shari'ah. He has had several posts over the years, including (but not limited to): founder of Masjid Huda in Montreal and Masjid Aya in Maryland, advisor for Muslim Youth magazine, and member in the Aqsa Association. He is also the founder of both Muslim Magazine and Al Aqsa Association. Furthermore he was a Chaplain at both the University of Calgary and the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT). Currently, he serves as Imam at the Abu Hurairah Mosque in Toronto and Chairman for the Journey of Faith Conference.