Upcoming Seminars with this instructor
There are currently no upcoming seminars with this instructor.
Shaykh Mohammed Faqih (AlMaghrib Instructor)
- Hails From Anaheim, California, USA
- Expertise Adab
- Famous Quote "Even if parents humiliate you, you are still commanded to humble yourself before them. No man will ever be successful if he doesn't respect his parents and gives them their due rights.”
- Most Likely to Say “This is not being recorded right?”
- Classroom Pet Peeve Texting in class – don’t think you’re being discrete.
- Known For His style, smile and soothing Qur’an recitation.
Shaykh Mohammed Faqih is the doctor of etiquettes and mannerisms. His style in fashion and stride in walk makes you say “that man’s fit to be president”. Shaykh Mohammed has melted the hearts with lessons in tazkiya, akhlaq, and even self-discovery and psychology.
Shaykh Mohammed traces his roots back to the ancient city of Harar in the Horn of Africa. Originally from Yemen, his forefathers immigrated to East Africa and played a central role in the Islamic history of the region.
He completed a B.A. in Islamic Studies from the Institute of Islamic and Arabic Sciences in America in Fairfax, VA, and graduated in Qur’an Memorization and Recitation from Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. He was the Imam at the Islamic Community Center of Laurel in Laurel, MD and at the Islamic Center of San Diego in San Diego, CA.
He currently serves as Imam at the Islamic Institute of Orange County, otherwise known as Masjid Omar Farouk.