Upcoming Seminars with this instructor
Follow the Shaykh on Facebook
Shaykh Abu Eesa Niamatullah (AlMaghrib Instructor)
- Hails From Manchester, England
- Expertise Adab, Fiqh and Siyasah
- Famous Quote "They say we are human beings having a spiritual experience; Muslims said kallaa, no we are spiritual beings having a human experience."
- Most Likely to Say " What kind of Bakwaas is that?!" and "Write it down, write it down!"
- Classroom Pet Peeve warm lecture theatres – be prepared to freeze in his class
- Known For Putting down all soccer (“football”) clubs besides his own Manchester United. But he might just be your best friend if you come to him with Haagen Dazs Strawberry Cheescake
Shaykh Abu Eesa Niamatullah is original, addictive and with an unparalleled (and extremely dark!) sense of humour, Shaykh Abu Eesa (universally known as "AE") combines experience, 'ilm and a modern understanding and application which is unique and utterly relevant. Don't be fooled by his jocular exterior - it is unsurprising just how treasured he is to our student body as one of our most passionate and knowledgeable senior instructors.
Born in London, England, he tracks his roots to the Naser Kheil tribe of the North West Frontier in Pakistan. He studied both Pharmacy at the University of Manchester and then Anthropology, and then later studied Arabic, Islamic Law and the Qur'an with its memorisation from scholars in a diverse array of locations in the East and West. His time spent with many different teachers has led to a real variety of experiences and depth in the Islamic Sciences which are so famously expressed in Shaykh AE's multi-dimensional da'wah and teachings.
Shaykh Abu Eesa previously served as the Resident Scholar of Cheadle Masjid in South Manchester, yet still continues to teach Fiqh weekly there as part of our onsite + online initiative known as "Logical Progression." He was the previous Resident Scholar of the 1st Ethical Charitable Trust in Bolton, an organisation dedicated to civic engagement and Islamic legal and financial education; he was the original founder of 'Prophetic Guidance' (PG) and still remains as the main teacher presenting PG's classes and events such as the famous "Last Testament" play; his popular commentary to 'al-Adab al-Mufrad' class is still aired today on Islamic TV channels. He is also the Vice-Chair of the Al-Qalam Sharī‘ah Panel, the UK's premier fatwa body for legal and financial concerns.