Upcoming Seminars with this instructor
There are currently no upcoming seminars with this instructor.
Follow the Shaykh on Facebook
Shaykh Abdullah Hakim Quick (Department Head, Instructor)
- Hails From Boston, Massachusetts
- Expertise Islamic History
- Famous Quote "Educate a man and you benefit an individual. Educate a woman and you benefit a family"
- Most Likely to Say “You’re living in a matrix”
- Classroom Pet Peeve Asking questions for the sake of testing his knowledge and not for the sake of increasing your own
- Known For Being easy to please, his greatest weakness is a Second Cup coffee or a good Espresso!
Shaykh Abdullah Hakim Quick, PhD, has accomplished a lifetime worth of achievements spanning many continents while enlightening the lives of millions. He was born in the United States of America and accepted Islam in Canada in 1970. He pursued his study of Islam at the Islamic University of Madinah in Saudi Arabia where he graduated and received an Ijaza from the College of Da’wah and Islamic Sciences in 1979, one of the first two students to do so from the West.
He later completed a Masters Degree and a Doctorate in African History at the University of Toronto in Canada. His thesis was an analysis of the early life of Sheikh ‘Uthman Dan Fodio, a great West African Scholar, Mujahid, and social activist.
Shaykh Abdullah has served as Imam, Da'iyah, teacher, counsellor and media consultant in the USA, Canada, South Africa and the West Indies, and is still going strong! For three years he contributed to the religious page of Canada’s leading newspaper. He has travelled to over 61 countries on lecture, research and educational tours. Yes, 61!
He keeps the online world fascinated by his daily posts on his social media channels covering his travels and other incredible sights of geography and history of the modern world. Presently he is a Senior Lecturer with the Islamic Institute of Toronto (I.I.T.) and the Outreach Coordinator with the Canadian Council of Imams.