Upcoming Seminars with this instructor
Shaykh Abdullah Hakim Quick (Department Head, Instructor)
- Hails From Boston, Massachusetts
- Expertise Islamic History
- Famous Quote "Educate a man and you benefit an individual. Educate a woman and you benefit a family"
- Most Likely to Say “You’re living in a matrix”
- Classroom Pet Peeve Asking questions for the sake of testing his knowledge and not for the sake of increasing your own.
- Known For Easy to please, his greatest weakness is a Second Cup coffee or a good Espresso.
Shaykh Abdullah Hakim Quick, PhD, is the Head of our Islamic History and Homiletics Department. His students dub him as “old school Dr. Quick” and find his Boston accent a rather smile-jerking classroom staple.
Shaykh Abdullah has accomplished a lifetime worth of achievements spanning many continents while enlightening the lives of millions. He was born in the United States of America and accepted Islam in Canada in 1970. He pursued his study of Islam at the Islamic University of Madinah in Saudi Arabia where he graduated and received an Ijaza from the College of Da’wah and Islamic Sciences in 1979, one of first two students to do so from the West. He later completed a Masters Degree and a Doctorate in African History at the University of Toronto in Canada.
Shaykh Abdullah has served as Imam, Daa'iyyah, teacher and counsellor in the USA, Canada, South Africa and the West Indies. Presently he is a Senior Lecturer with the Islamic Institute of Toronto (I.I.T.).