Upcoming Seminars with this instructor
There are currently no upcoming seminars with this instructor.
Shaykh Abdulbary Yahya (AlMaghrib Instructor)
- Hails From Seattle, Washington, USA
- Expertise Tafseer and Hadeeth
- Famous Quote "Allah is more merciful to me than I am to myself"
- Most Likely to Say "Take that boyyyeeee!"
- Classroom Pet Peeve Cell phone ringing, especially his own
- Known For His infectious chuckle when he says “I love a see-food diet; you know, see food, eat food.”
Shaykh AbdulBary Yahya is known as the most laid back, easy-going instructor in the AlMaghrib line-up. He is often used as the example for patience at its best, and is famous for his personal funny experiences that he uses wittingly to teach and help you remember an Islamic concept.
Born in Vietnam during the Vietnam War, Shaykh AbdulBary immigrated to the U.S. with his family. He grew up in Seattle, WA and began his studies at the Islamic University of Madinah. It was at the University that he befriended Muhammad Alshareef, as they sat next to each other in the first year of their studies. After graduating from the Islamic University of Madinah's College of Shari'ah, AbdulBary Yahya returned to Vietnam and Cambodia and became a teacher and director of the Umm al-Qura Charity Organization in Vietnam.
He is currently the Imam of Masjid Jaamiul Muslimeen in Seattle, WA. He also holds the positions of President of the Cham Refugee Community and Vice-President of the Islamic Center of Washington State.