As we move into the second year of AlMaghrib Institute’s public welfare project, 2015 already looks to smash the “impact” of IMPACT’s amazing 2014!
AlMaghrib IMPACT has really taken our AlMaghrib cities by storm, with more and more joining and desperate to earn good deeds through simple warm acts of charity and benefit which bring such happiness and aid to those in our wider communities.
Since our last update in December, here’s a brief snap-shot of what’s been going on. Of course for more details, be sure to follow our dedicated Facebook page for IMPACT but please check out the details and photos below.
PS: a very special shout out to some of our chapters who haven’t been taking photos due to the more sensitive nature of their outreach, such as the cities of Birmingham, Bradford and Manchester with their last six visits to the Elderly Peoples’ Homes in their cities, and also Seattle’s clothes and furniture collection services for Homeless and Refugee Services in the city. Well done!
- First up it’s our Calgary chapter and their clothing drive, something essential in this freezing weather!
- And if Calgary didn’t have enough on its plate, it seems they had time to organise a local blood bank drive as well!
- Our Sweden chapter put on a beautiful little food bank as part of an Interfaith effort with local members of the Christian, Sikh and Jewish faith:
- Qabeelat Shams, our London team, put on what seems an absolutely delicious open-air food kitchen over the winter period at Lincoln’s Inn, to what were rave reviews of those who stopped by for a great meal:
- Our Seattle chapter did a great job with their opening soup kitchen, the first of hopefully many more to come:
- And last but certainly not least for this month’s round-up, it was great to see Minnesota back to the top again from the US cities. Their quality has been awesome in this last year, so here’s January’s food drive with a HUGE response:
- And then here’s Minnesota’s most recent Food Shelf initiative in February. Fabulous work ma sha Allah, may Allah reward every single soul who has spent time or money in this great cause to bring benefit to the wider community!