AlMaghrib. MALAYSIA! It’s official! AlMaghrib in MALAYSIA has begun!
AlMaghrib has a vast international student audience, and it brings me great honor to unite my brothers and sisters in the West, with my brothers and sisters in the Far East.
Qabeelat Ihsaan is the student tribe name they selected.
Here’s a little bit about the AlMaghrib team in Malaysia:
1. When I was first starting AlMaghrib, a group of 8-12 Malaysian sisters would always support AlMaghrib USA by driving 2-3 hours to attend from the universities they were studying at. That was back in 2002, and now many years later, they have moved back to Malaysia and have always kept in their heart that they wanted to bring AlMaghrib to Malaysia. And alhamdulillah, their dream and ours has come true!
2. Malaysia is the first Muslim majority country that AlMaghrib will be teaching! And the first in Asia! It’s a different frontier than what we are used to in the West, but in sha Allah, the lessons learned from Malaysia may be later passed on to AlMaghrib in other Muslim countries. Again, ma sha Allah, Malaysia is a pioneer in this regard.
3. AlMaghrib Malaysia is officially registered with the Company Commission of Malaysia.
4. Interestingly, when a new city opens, they might have one or two on the team who have been to an AlMaghrib seminar. Yet, on our Malaysian team, we have TWELVE brothers and sisters who have attended AlMaghrib, both in the USA and the UK. (But none from Canada, yet . Soon in sha Allah.)
5. AlMaghrib instructor, Sh.Waleed Abdulhakeem, traveled to Malaysia in August 2010 and spent considerable time with the AlMaghrib team advising them.
6. The first seminar in Asia, in Malaysia, is going to be Sh.Riad’s “A Heart Serene” *ahem, my recommendation*.
Allah joined our hearts with this great Deen of Islam. And it is so sweet to be alive to see the day when AlMaghrib makes a bridge for the Muslims between West and Far East! So far we’ve joined North America with the UK, and now alhamdulillah here we go joining Malaysia to North America/UK.
Hey, for everyone in the West thinking of a vacation: why not go and vacation in Malaysia while taking an AlMaghrib seminar!
Best of success to Malaysia, and in sha Allah all the instructors and I are looking forward to meeting you.
– Muhammad Alshareef
President, AlMaghrib Institute
In the comment section below, type your words of support for our brothers and sisters AlMaghrib initiative in Malaysia.